Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RalliTEK has AVO turbo kits for 2.5 , 288hp Full Boost at 2300 RPM
Complete Kit is possibly the best turbo available in North America for the 2.5 RS AVO Turbo Kit Pic
Feel free to e-mail me or PM if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Sean

RalliTEK

·
Registered
613 Posts
wow! nice kit and WITH the link ecu! i'll let the supercharger slur slide, because i have beenthinking turbo myself. i have been watching the new ceramic setups and i heard they spool at idle! a recent big step forward in the evolution of the turbo.
link to turbo page for gc8

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
You know, i was pretty sure i was gonna wait and super charge my car. But this kit looks really good. Really really good. I dunno now.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Re: Re: AVO has turbo kit for 2.5

Lo0mis said:
288 to the wheels??
Hah. I wish. No, 288 crank. I believe one dyno'd at around 210hp @ wheels. 288 @ wheels would need some engine buildup (what would that be, like 380 crank??)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Re: Re: Re: AVO has turbo kit for 2.5

obsidian said:
Hah. I wish. No, 288 crank. I believe one dyno'd at around 210hp @ wheels. 288 @ wheels would need some engine buildup (what would that be, like 380 crank??)
Yeah, wishful thinking I guess. I suppose 288 at the crank would be sufficient... :happynow:

·
Registered
613 Posts
that would be one serious kick in the ass for your rs! you would go around for weeks whooping up on everything!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Sean (RalliTek),

Please check your PM's regarding your vendor status and title on the RS Club. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The kit just came out a little bit ago (6months I think)... there's at least 6 or so people using this kit right now.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Will you guys sell just the intercooler duct by itself?

Graham

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
obsidian said:
The kit just came out a little bit ago (6months I think)... there's at least 6 or so people using this kit right now.
I couldn't find any reviews through my searches. And what about that $795 dogbox? :confused: Are they missing a number? That doesn't sound right. Even a stock used gearbox isn't that cheap!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I agree. That gearbox is on the AVO Turboworld Japan website but no price. I haven't had any response from RalliTek about that. SPOMotorsports also sells the AVO kit but not the gearbox.

If it truly is < $1k, then it's something to keep an eye on when the stock one goes :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excuse my ignorance... but I have a quesion. This kit includes the up & down pipe and says it will work with aftermarket headers.

I have the brullen headers, but I don't quite understand how this turbo kit would work. I'm just not sure how it would mount onto my exhaust system. Does anyone have before/after pictures of the mounting?

Thanks,
Slim

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, do the Borla headers have the same configuration as the stockers? If they do, then they will work. If not, the up and down pipes will not fit correctly.

Graham

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Graham said:
Well, do the Borla headers have the same configuration as the stockers? If they do, then they will work. If not, the up and down pipes will not fit correctly.

Graham
Borla headers work with the kit , that it how we have our kit set up.

RalliTEK Performance

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SlimChance said:
Excuse my ignorance... but I have a quesion. This kit includes the up & down pipe and says it will work with aftermarket headers.

I have the brullen headers, but I don't quite understand how this turbo kit would work. I'm just not sure how it would mount onto my exhaust system. Does anyone have before/after pictures of the mounting?

Thanks,
Slim
Slim ,

I haven't seen the Brullen header , the kit AVO mounts from the factory 'Y' pipe , so any header that is a factory replacement will work just fine. I have our car here and have lots of pics , let me know what you would like to see.

Sean

[email protected]

RalliTEK Performance

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Graham said:
Will you guys sell just the intercooler duct by itself?

Graham

I would need to special order from Austrailia. Should be no problem. PLs send me an email and I can get things started.

thx ,

Sean

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 214 Posts