Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Auto-x Oct 19 Santa Rosa Airport

1K views 40 replies 3 participants last post by  JZ oo7 
#1 · (Edited)
Date: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2002

On Windsor Road

Directions: West on River road from 101. Right On Slusser Road. Right on Windsor Road. Straight into the gate.

Time: Set-up 8:00 A.M. Runs start 10:00 A.M.

Cost: $25.00 per driver (Plus) work when Not running (no food or water available)

Rules: No loud exhaust, 92-decibel limit Strictly enforced. Please drive safely And quietly, so as not to upset the local Residents. This is a members’ only event, but associate membership will
be available at event.

Info: Michael Mannion (707) 546-9674
Blain Hendrix (707) 528-8655

ALL ESCA REGULAR MEETINGS ARE AT THE ROUND TABLE PIZZA PARLOR, 2065 OCCIDENTAL ROAD, IN SANTA ROSA, AND START AT 8:00 PM.
(I just cut and paste, I did not shout this out)

I paid $28 for the associate membership fee. What I like most is some of the RWD drivers do spinouts towards the end of the run. One camaroSS rolled thru the gates in reverse!
I will not be able to attend. I still have to work Sunday till 5pm.
ESCA had a website for about 1 month. It needs a host now (basically a free one).

The ESCA WEB PAGE needs a new home. It has kindly been sponsored by HAZ at Sonic.net. Unfortunately, HAZ is no longer able to continue its sponsorship. If you can help out, please contact Jeffery Carter at (707) 315-3235 or yodaisgod@yahoo.com

Is ok to hijack this thread, damn funny sometimes too.

See less See more
#2 ·
Is ok to hijack this thread, damn funny sometimes too.
you aren't talking about me right? :lol:

anyways, are these events usually pretty big? like 50+ cars. do you think ESCA needs a photographer? reason is, i want some experience shooting car races, and if they would let me get on the infield, i can have more experience. i can supply them with some pictures for their website if i do get good images.

jansen

#3 ·
there may be 50+ cars, and most get 2 official timed runs and 2 fun timed runs. especially since the track is a little longer than last year.
several people took pictures and videos from the hil next to the timer/trailer.
You would have to ask about being infield for taking pictures.
And they still don't have a website, they need someone to host it, basically for free.
I have some footage in Digital 8 format, just haven't had the time to try and put it on to my computer (never done that before).
Anyone in the north bay wanna try and convert from digital8 to something on the computer?

#10 ·
well, now i have new insruance and just free up 1k!!! :eek: i might go. but i just got invited to a party on Friday night (tonight). I don't know if i'll show. should i go party and meet some chick and get wasted? or should i race the next morning with a hangover? hmmmm... if i race the next day, i might be the cone killer king of the day! :lol:

#23 ·
i gotta do my fog light mod before i go to highway 1. i don't wanna blind oncoming traffic with my HIDs. so i was thinking of just going to high beams when there is oncoming traffic (no lights will come on), but then it'll be really dangerous for me, cause i can't see shit without lights. the solution would be keeping the foglights on, but having my HIDs off.

so, how did the autox go?

jansen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.