Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will or can the ECU's be compatible? Someone said something about being able to go from Manual ECU to Auto ECU on an existing MT, but not vice versa.

Is there truth to this? Will it be possible to have an AT on a Manual ECU? Or will I have to search endlessly for someone that was as stupid as I was in getting an AT?

Then I have to hope they wreck their car, and the motor ends up in my hands. LoL.. Please tell me I can use a MT ECU.....

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
From what I've heard WRX owners have switched to 4eat but its costly and you'll need the automatic transmission computer (not the auto ECU)

I'm guessing thats what you're doing... you really do have a poor wording choice there.

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
I think he is asking that if he does from an automatic to a manual.

Can he buy a manual ECU and plug it into the auto ECU harness...

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of Course, everything plugs right in.
I apologize for my OP. I actually contemplated my wording for a while because it just wasn't sounding right. lol.. I eventually just gave up.

Let me try it again:
I have an automatic RS. I want to swap in an EJ205 motor. The donor motor is from a manual tranny.

So, that said, the manual ECU splices fine with my auto ECU? If I sent my wiring to be merged to ECS they would have no problems doing it that way? And it would work fine with my AT?

Thanks!

·
Registered
04 Outback H6 aka old man car
335 Posts
on my old L (2.2L), I ran the same model year 2.5RS MT ECU with my 4EAT without any problems.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
you have a separate computer for your automatic transmission it should be some where near your brake pedal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts