Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8/27/2008

Broken Motorsports is proud to bring you flocking services.

What is Flocking? Flocking is either Nylon or Rayon fibers that are glued to the surface using a special adhesive and leaves a form-fitting seude like finish.

What is it used for? Many forms of motorsport including WRC and F1 use this to absorb reflection or glare from certain objects. This is most commonly used on the dashboard, but can be used for other components.

How does it hold up? It is actually really durable. It can hold up to the elements and wont fade for years, if at all.

While our base color is black because it reflects the least light, we do offer other colors such as Urban Gray, Rally Blue, Brilliant Red, and Cherry Blossom Red -aka Pink for interior peices not associated with the dash board.
There are custom colors and blends available, but at an additional cost, please inquire if interested.

We offer many different styles of dash and other associated components for all ranges of Subaru, not just Impreza. We have every Impreza style dash available including RHD and select years for Legacy/Outback and Forester. Other components such as door panels, A/B/C pillars and center consoles can all be flocked as well as the usual dash components.

Other Makes and Models components may be flocked also. Please inquire about pricing and typical turnaround time.

Broken Motorsports is offering a core program so that there is no down time for you the customer.
Simply you call and place your order. We ship the dash to you. You remove your old dash and install the new.
Place your stock dash back in the same box we shipped in and send it back to us.
Very simple process and best of all no waiting!

Our flocking service pricing is as follows:

Top Dashboard, including Cowl piece, Center Pod and Airbag cover - $175
Center Pod only- $50

Front door cards- $235
Rear door cards- $150

Package deal F+R door cards- $350

A/B/C pillars- $95

Custom and 2 color blends are an additional price, please inquire.

Ordering Info:

SO this is how it works, services above + shipping + core charge.

• Dash core charge varies depending on dash style. Range is anywhere from $240 - $700.
  • If dash core is damaged or not complete, purchaser is subject to not receive full core amount.

Please place your order via:
PM
[email protected]
-or-
phone: 201.442.0580

- Only Paypal for now till we get our CC machine.
Paypal address is [email protected]

- For any technical questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Well, let me start by saying welcome. Very very very cool. I'll be giving you some business in the near future. Am I able just do send you a dash to have flocked? I know you have a core program, but my dash is hacked to be able to be removed with my cage in place.

P.S. BROKEN motorsports? please explain :D

P.S.S. How much weight about does this ad?

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
can u flock my entire car? inside and out..wheels too!...that stuff rocks

·
The Dash Flocker!
00 GF, 04 Jetta TDi
3,791 Posts
can u flock my entire car? inside and out..wheels too!...that stuff rocks
Sure, for $1797840284093249.01
Seriously though, if you guys have any questions on what can and can't be flocked, colors, or ideas- just ask me via PM or email- [email protected]

Bakemono-
1- I'm sure you can just ship the dash and we can flock it, just understand there is alot of curing time involved so you won't get it right back.
2- I didn't weigh it specifically, but it can't add more than a few ounces worth of adhesive and fiber. Maybe half a pound gain?

·
Registered
2000 BRP coupe
382 Posts
This would be good for car audio fanatics also. It would kill sound reflection coming off the dash from high mounted components. Most guys use dash mats, but those things are straight up hideous.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
Flocking hell, how'd I miss this? Congrats on getting this together guys. :D

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Billy I shall be in touch, I may have to have to actually drive up and see you guys now.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
That is just flocking sexy! I'm seriously considering getting mine done. Its a grey 96 dash and starting to fade here and there. Just have to get my swap done before I justify spending bling $. Glad you're vending now :banana:

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
P.S. BROKEN motorsports? please explain :D
First, Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
We all really appreciate it...

On the quote above...

IN short Broken is a nickname of mine that i got from the local conglomerate of Subaru guys back in the day when RS's ruled and there were very little in the way of WRX's on the road yet.

_billy
aka Broken

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
This is excellent!

I do have a question: I have removed my center pod door and replaced it with a gauge pod– Therefore I do not have a center pod to send to you.

What is to be done considering the whole core charge thing? How much would I not get back for a 98-01 RS dash w/o center pod door?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.