Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having problems with my RS not idling. And i keep getting the same 2 codes.

P1112 Atmospheric pressure sensor range/performance problem
and later P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

I was reading about it on nasioc, and they were saying their cars would not run or idle when they threw the P1112 code. They also said that the sensor is located on the ECU.

But i think our car have that pressure sensor mounted on the pass side strut tower?

Anyways today i have replaced the PCV valve, and replace the fuel filer. Still doing exactly the same thing...

Oh!! and when i plug in my check connectors the CEL starts blinking and i can hear relays turning on and off in the car.... and the radiator fans come on and off.

Scanner is not able to read codes when this is going on...

all of my threads about this...
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83425
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83293
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82856

Any thoughts. I heard it could be EGR but i have no clue where that is or what it looks like.

· Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so update.

I just tried to drive the car around the block, and as soon as i get the clutch out the car start to rev itself and it starts bucking really bad.

Shifted into second and the same thing happends.

Could this be due to bad gas?

· Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
25 Posts
I have the same problems with my 00 rs (code problems and idling bad) I was told to check my vacuum hoses and to run a higher octane gas in my car. The idling got better with the gas change but still haven't got around to checking my vacuum lines. If you figure anything out that works please let me know also.

· Registered
'98 RS, '13 BRZ
841 Posts
My car did the same thing after i swapped my engine, same code (pressure sensor). Yeah i had to make about 30 threads on it and nobody ever gave me useful information. How did i solve it? Well i just eliminated the pressure sensor alltogether by putting in a manual boost controller. Its 20,000 miles later and my car hasnt bucked once since. Technically you can remove the pressure sensor and pressure sources switching solenoid valve from the passenger strut tower, but i left the wires plugged in to them cus when i unplugged them i got a check engine light.

I'm almost 100% positive your problem will be solved by this (an MBC will only run you about $100, and theyre all universal.)

GOOD LUCK! Let me know how it works out plz :)

· Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,414 Posts
???? Is the car 100% stock? Give us a little help so we can help you.

The atmospheric pressure sensor (Gives the ecu a basis for sea level) is located on the passenger strut tower and the pressure sensor (gives a zero to 5 volt signal based on pressure in the engine) is located on the center of the intake manifold.

generally you get these codes when you go over the range of the sensors. Like when you turbo a car. So either you have something hooked up weird or your sensors are failing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.