• ATE Super Blue

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Motul RBF600

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
what ever one you use, jut make sure it is 3 or 4, because i read in a mechanics magazine for subaru, that if you use the dot 5 some new kind, it has repeling characteristics. also it said that it is next to impossible to bleed out all of the dot 3 or the dot 4 out of the system. here is the site address for you to look at, it was in a magazine but you can also look at it online

if you want to go right to the file they acrobat files
http://www.endwrench.com/current/summer02/insiderinfo.pdf

it is at the bottom of the all the pages the article, or

http://www.endwrench.com/pages/home.html

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have no experience with motul but i use ATE, know a number of people who use ATE, and it came to me under high praise, so I voted for it. I have been very happy with it, but the fluid i replaced with it was old, stock, and SHOT so I can't make a real accurate assesment.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do you need to change the upgrade fluid more often than
the OEM fluid? Original stuff can stay in up to 30 months.
It's kind of a pain to change brake fluid, so the longer I can run it the better!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
if you drive hard enough to need this kind of fluid, the OEM won't last that long ;) i left my OEM in for about 24k miles which was the equivalent of about 1.75 years. and it was shot. that was some of the nastiest brake fluid i have ever seen. i'll be replacing the ATE once it gets warm again, so a total time of about 10-12 months. I've had no fade issues and I don't expect to, but I'd rather replace the fluid before it fails :)

its not very difficult to change brake fluid. all you need is a friend. if you have no friend, get some speedbleeders. actually, even if you have a friend, the speedbleeders make it way easier.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I clicked the Motul on the poll (the 1 vote) but didn't mean to.
(it's late!)
Motul has a medeocre wet boiling point, and it's very hydroscopic, so it gets "wet" very quickly.

ATE is not very hydroscopic, so it stays "dry" longer.

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
I use ATE Super Blue only because I picked a bunch up cheap. But it is great! Never used Motul, but I know a few people who do and the have no problems. You just bleed the brakes once a year and flush/fill every other year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts