Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, for those of you that don't know me. My name is Sean, I have been a long time Subaru enthousiast(too bad I can't spell that right) I own a 2000 rs that has quite a few mod's. I have been working at a Subaru dealer for around 8 months now. I was origanally hired to do all the factory and aftermarket parts installs. I eventually got my sales license and started selling cars also. Heres my point, I will give you guys honest answers to any questions you have about Dealer issues. I am not a dealer guy, I am a enthusiast, that got a job at a dealer.

So fire away!!!

sean

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
alrighty then, here ya go.

How much Bull shit will we have to go through if we blow something up (tranny or motor) using a bolt on supercharger. assuming we take it off and unhook the battery before claiming it? I have the 100k warranty.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subaru has reginal reps that handle warranty issues. The problems you will have will depend on how picky your rep ends up being and how touchy your service manager is. If you return the car back to stock it will be up to them to prove you were at fault. Always make sure to clean your car out before you bring it in. I have had people bring there car in with boost controller instructions in the glove box.

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
OOPS, Really, I was working on my friends car, not mine lol.

Still a hard one to prove if it all came down to the wire though.

thanks for the info though

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, I have seen subaru warranty wrx motors even though they knew the owner was running high boost, and wrx tranys with no teath on the 1st gear, gears. You just have to know how to work the system.

·
Registered
subbie
328 Posts
1. do all subaru dealers only oder parts twice a week? and ifso why?
2. how long do parts take to get to the dealership?

thanx, being bentdown by the dealership currently:(

·
Registered
646 Posts
So having some instructions to a boost controller is like having a crack pipe but no crack? We're still in trouble? My favorite was when SOA tried to tell me that the primer only inside my engine bay and trunk was perfectly normal and up to their standards. That was the day I told them where they could place the BS warranty. Right next to their head which apparently was up their ass.

I've had friends in Japan take their Evo's to the dealerships for warranty work when the cars had rollcages, big turbo upgrades, no cats, aftermarket ECU's and damn near anything. Mitsu would take the car in and fix the part. Although that's probably got alot to do with being busted a couple years ago for covering up defects. Now over here at least they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kaboom said:
1. do all subaru dealers only oder parts twice a week? and ifso why?
2. how long do parts take to get to the dealership?

thanx, being bentdown by the dealership currently:(
Some do, and the deleveries are usually grouped together also. The time it takes to get a part is determaned by where the parts are being shipped from. There are warehouses spread out through the US. If your part is not instock in a local or any US warehouse the part will come out of Japan, this could take alone time.

As far as why, It is slower but more efficient to group the orders and shippments.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
N/A, I don't disagree with you at all!! SOA needs to rethink there the way they treat some of there warranty issues. Beleive me I could tell you quite afew stories about cars that get things warrantied that shouldn't and others that should that don't.(did that make sence?).

·
Registered
646 Posts
Did Subaru change the craptastic paint for decent stuff on the WRX? Cause my stock RS paint sucks!

How do they justify the $150 for a pull style throw out bearing for the WRX's? Seems hugely over inflated price.

When the RS came out at first SOA and dealerships were cool about the cars and us working on them. Now they've turned into the A-holes that Mitsubishi became when the Eclipse 2G came out. What gives?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I personally think the paint is worse.

Because they knew that they were going to die fast and the don't warranty clutch stuff.:eek:

I can't say much about why SOA does what they do. I can only tell you what they do. As I've said before, It will depend on what SOA person you are dealing with. I have come across some nice ones, they are out there somewhere.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The only time I had a good experience at a Subaru dealership was the one I drove an hour to get to rather then the BS one that was just down the road. Reason was they didn't view working on your car as a hunt for a reason to not do any future work under warranty and they agreed with me about my stock paint. Then SOA got involved and killed the prospect of a repaint and said that it was either my own fault that there was only primer in the trunk and engine bay or even if it wasn't that it still meets their standards.

I told SOA thanks for nothing and that the next car I buy won't be a Subaru. I'd be willing to pay more money to get an S4 then deal with them ever again. Ass at SOA said well if that's the way you feel. Well shit no that's not how I feel! If I did what I feel like I'd rip the top of your damn head off you SOB so that I could see just what in the fuck your thinking!

$2K total repaint out of pocket here I come. Oh and Audi make that a Silver S4.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW:eek: That sucks!!!

I know when I bought my RS I test drove the car at the closest dealer but bought at another because the sales manager was cool there and actualy had a RS. He had a good rep. for treating people right and standing behind the customer when it can to any SOA issues. If you were around here you would have your car repainted by now.

BTW, where did all this happen????

·
Registered
646 Posts
Bel Air Subaru in Maryland was a great dealership. I just wish they didn't have to contact SOA about the paint until after it was redone.

·
Registered
174 Posts
common problems

Sean,
What do the mechanics actually think, when someone brings in the car for one of the many known problems and doesn't fix it. I guess I'm just curious as to what goes through their minds when they see the same complaints over and over... yet don't fix stuff, because "the mechanic could not duplicate problem". They wouldn't fix my speaker rattle in the drivers door, another common problem, because it couldn't be "duplicated". heh.

Another example, Clutch Judder..
Just about every one that I have talked to has to PROVE that it happens. It's pretty well known that it's a warped flywheel that causes it... do they just laugh at people who bring their car in with that?

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
OK, OK, this is turning into a total bitch session. Subaru sucks, of course, and all the dealerships employ 90% assholes. It's a miracle that anyone owns any of their shitty falling apart vehicles. ;)

So the real question is, when are they going to bring the STi here? If you don't know, they've already sent most, if not all mechanics to a training session for it. Unless they're planning on using those guys in Europe or Japan, the Sti is coming.

So when?

What about HP figures? I've heard only ~250 for some reason.

And is there any truth to the different headlights on it?

Yeah, I know, there's a lot of rumors, but if the mechanics have worked on one, or just the engine, they should know the answer to some of these questions.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why would you ask about the STI unless you can afford to buy a higher end Audi or a decent BMW cause there is no way in hell you're going to be able to afford it unless you've got a butt load of money stashed away. Sorry but the STI is over priced in Japan so I see them selling it for less then $32K in the US.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts