Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Highlands Sports Car Club will be holding its annual Time/Stage/Distance rally on February 8, 2003. A TSD Rally takes place on open, paved, public roads at legal speeds. Of course, around here, 55 mph on a road of nothing but hairpins is pretty common. Templar and I are the Rallymasters and the course is nicely set up for Subies (without being completely unfair to "lesser" cars :lol:)

We'll be meeting at the Food Lion on Boyleston Rd (past the airport) at 11:00 am. To get there, go to the Asheville/Hendersonville airport and go past it and the Agricultural center. Keep going about 4 miles and the Food Lion will be on the right, behind a Citgo and a First Citizens.

The cost for the rally will be around $20. All you need is a navigator and a street-legal car. We'll provide basic rally instruction and course instructions.

PM me or post here if you have any questions.

Elizabeth

·
Registered
43 Posts
hows the driving down there

Im most likely going to be goin to APP. STate next yr, and i was wondering if there was any rallyX or other competitions down there. I have a 2000 RS. i know the mountains around boone are pretty fun.
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fun fun fun!!

The roads around here are great. There are some nice straight places where high speeds are possible, but mostly there are lots of nice tight twisties. If you're going to be at ASU next year, you'll be closer to Boone than Asheville. Good skiing and great roads up there.

Check out THIS thread if you need more info about how awesome our roads are. :D

Elizabeth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts