Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Fabbed up a "bracket" for the ignition coil today, along with some other stuff

Getting a little better with the welder, managed to make a decent weld imo :)

And I started wiring the wideband gauge, but my phone decided to not save the pic I took of it -.- I'm getting a Samsung next time...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
how about the pics you sent me. lol resave from messenger!
Haha yeah hadn't taken the time to post here! Anywho, pics :)

Installing the aem gauge

Wired the wires for the battery, the power is the one closer to the middle and the ground is to the right

Ground goes under the seat to a cut off switch (ignore the nasty carpet and seat)

Switched to a silver ring around the gauge

Realised Subaru used Takata seat belts

And two random pics because I love the colour in that lightning :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #169 (Edited)
Sooooooo yeaah... Kinda been busy, and last week was stressful. Last wednesday or so I ordered a plain ticket for a guy to tune my car. He would be arriving at 08:00 on friday morning and had a flight back on saturday at 16:00. On friday at 12:00 he already finished wiring up the MegaSquirt and I hadn't even started assembling the car.... We still managed to get it running 23:00 and he started to tune the startup and idle about 09:30 the morning after. We finished tuning it at about 15:20 and got something to eat as we hadn't eat'n the whole day. He safely got to the airport about twentie minuted before the plane went. Anywho, didn't remember to take many pics with all this going on but I'll post some :)

Dad custimizing the coolant lines for the turbo

Cut off switch installed

Connections for the battery in the engine bay

BOV flange welded

MS2 installation

Assembled for the most part

We tuned it for 18psi but for the first runs we set the preload on the wastegate too much so above 6k rpm we got 20psi instead of the 14.5 we were running then and it hauls ass on 20psi! Unfortunetaly my clutch couldn't hold it and smelled after each run... but, 18psi is fun and I love how it drives! I've been dealing with the idle tho... it runs about 1,5k rpm and 3k when cold, I'm afraid we might have failed when we modified the manifold but for now I'm cheating on it with a restricting throttle body gasket. Anywho, hope you like :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Maybe a leak? I don't think the design would do it alone
Pretty sure it's not a leak... It might be that that the stock manifold had this small chamber for the idle air prior to entering the manifold it self? Not sure... also I tried a brand new idle air control valve from a friend (probably an ebay one) and it ran just the same... I'm pretty lost on what it might be to be honest :$

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Got my oil catch can. It's a chinese ebay item, wonder if it's okay for them to stamp the GReddy logo on there...

Also made fastenings for the filter

And I wired an USB cable from the standalone to the glovebox so now I can datalog and tune the car!

If I knew how to that is... I really want to learn tho :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Just curious if you want to pm me, how much would it be to make one? Same shape and all, I would use it for a NA rally car
Wouldn't really be a big secret, but still, I honestly don't know as my friend putted most the work into it... I'd guess somewhere around 250-300$ but honestly I don't know :)

161 - 180 of 1319 Posts