Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
if you have room for it, you could make sort of a funnel for the air from your intake into your turbo. sort of shaped like the end tanks on a fmic. does that make sense? intake looks awesome as-is, though

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
if you have room for it, you could make sort of a funnel for the air from your intake into your turbo. sort of shaped like the end tanks on a fmic. does that make sense? intake looks awesome as-is, though
Yeah that makes sense, thought of it but not sure how I would go about doing it, especially since I don't have my friend to help me fabricate stuff any more... And thanks, I like it a bunch! Will be replacing that stainless 90° with a silicone hose though. It will make my life easier hah :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Got a hose instead of the pipe and it works much better, looks better too imo

And I welded a pipe for the hose on the intake, it's not pretty but it's ok. Also this is like, my second time ever TIG-welding and I'm not an experienced welder lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Are you running a MAP setup?

Also, working on my baby, I thought of your location for the fuel thing on the strut tower, maybe look into mounting with a MC brace installed?
Yup, will be running a MAP setup. Guessing MC is master cylender brace? Never heard of it before and I will probably just be keeping the filter on the same place it is now. What are the pros of a mc brace?

Anywho, mounted the box, and I love the look of this :)

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,239 Posts
I think the silicone is perfect to help with intake temps..

As for the MCB, our firewalls are very thin, so pushing on the brake pedal actually flexes the firewall outwards, thus countering the force of you pushing on the pedal.

The brace pushes the opposite direction to keep your firewall from flexing outwards.

Also, I am sure you can keep your filter there, the OEM one still fits.

Here is my grimmspeed one.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I think the silicone is perfect to help with intake temps..

As for the MCB, our firewalls are very thin, so pushing on the brake pedal actually flexes the firewall outwards, thus countering the force of you pushing on the pedal.

The brace pushes the opposite direction to keep your firewall from flexing outwards.

Also, I am sure you can keep your filter there, the OEM one still fits.

Here is my grimmspeed one.

Ohh thats kewl, never heard of those before... Makes sense though :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Got it together to figure out how the fuel lines will go and how the hell I'll fit the harness under the manifold..,

Kind of a problem here... If it would be ok then I would run the line down and back to the firewall and that way to the right... a long way but might be the best solution?

And the harness

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Tackled the harness tonight, went really well and I got all of it sorted out. Well almost all of it atleast :)

Still have to change the plugs for the injectors tho...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Did you tap the other side of the manifold for the brake booster? I see a nipple ;)
There are a few spots that can be used for the vacuum on the brake booster, and some need to be closed

Here is the one I'll use for the booster

Here is another one

And another

Aaaand another

And this will be closed off on both sides ofcourse

141 - 160 of 1319 Posts