Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
And I accidently bought a P1 lip. Needs a little love but it should be fine. So which would you rather paint it to mach or paint it black? I've already decided so you guys won't be having any effect on my decision :)

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Oh man.. nice pick up on that lip! I've wanted one for awhile. I hope you're paint-matching.

But either way, should look great!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Oh man.. nice pick up on that lip! I've wanted one for awhile. I hope you're paint-matching.

But either way, should look great!
Thanks, and sorry lol, I'm painting it black. Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Took a closer look and did some sanding in my lunch break, it needs a little love but it should look good when I'm done with it. Too bad it's fiberglass tho... but who cares, it'll be fine :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Filled in the biggest damages with some P40, doesn't look that good right now but it should look fine after I'm done with it. Doesn't really matter since I'll probably crack it on the first test drive lol :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well, did some more work the lip and attempted a test fit... and guess what, typical my luck... **** doesn't fit. It was too short on the ends, so it looks like I'm going to have to start doing some fiberglass work to make it fit properly. If I won't get it to fit right there is no way it's going on my bumper. Anyway, I'll post some pics of it

This is how well it lined up

This is after I cutted the bottoms out so I could make new ones that fit

I won't go into much details of how bad it fitted but I'll just post some pics

·
Registered
99 RBP RS Coupe
129 Posts
first seen your car on facebook. man your car is so nice and you've came along way to get here. keep the good work coming man.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
first seen your car on facebook. man your car is so nice and you've came along way to get here. keep the good work coming man.
Thanks alot man, really appreciate the kind words :)

Anywho, time for an update, a long time ago hah...

Got my fuel filter, and it's tiny and actually rather rough but it was said to be okay for injected engines...

Also got my fuel rails but still waiting on the injectors to be able to make the brackets for them

Alternator bracket

Got it all welded up and installed

Started changing the fuel pump, but it turned out to be a long process due to some **** in my gas tank..... -.-

Finally got the crap mostly cleaned up

Also did some work on the fender liners

Got new tiressss, 205/40 and they look rather tiny for now lol

Some test fit with the 90° elbow on the fuel rails

Test fit of the fuel filter

Current bay pic

Took the spoiler off because I need to fasten it better. Here are some random pics

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
More progress more pics :)

My Black Ops injectors finally got here

My friend made some progress on the box

And I made a bracket for the coolant reservoir in the meantime, still need to clean it up abit

Sandblasted (glassblasted) a few things

Test fitting... still have to make brackets to hold it in place, we'll most likely be using the bolts on the gearbox/engine were the starter is and the other side too.

Got a better silicon hose for the inlet and it fits perfectly, doesn't even touch the manifold!

This is were we'll mount the ignition, fits perfect too. I can use the stock wires for the spark plugs and all

Hopefully we'll make some more progress today and this weekend :)

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Looks fantastic dude, great progress. And thanks for taking so many pictures! I know it's a pain sometimes to stop and document it all but it makes for a much more interesting read :D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Looks fantastic dude, great progress. And thanks for taking so many pictures! I know it's a pain sometimes to stop and document it all but it makes for a much more interesting read :D
Thanks man, and I completely agree! i love documenting everything I do to the car, not only to post here but just for myself to have pictures of the progress :)

Ohh and I "made" a bracket for the fuel filter :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Thanks man! Hopefully it will be ready to be tuned by the end of May, we have a "big" car festival here called Bíladagar which starts June 16. and thats kinda my deadline hah :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Painted some stuff and sanblasted other... god I hate alternators, should have just bought a new one I guess...

Disassembling the alternator is a pain...

Blasted

Painted

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I've made some progress the past days, picture dump!

Got all the shiny stuff in

Then I made brackets for the filter box, the custom stuff isn't as pro any more because my friend doesn't have enough time to work on this with me any longer so I'm doing everything myself for now

And I also attempted to make brackets for the fuel rails but they always came out to high so the injectors are somewhat loose... Will be trying to get a guy at work to help me with them tomorrow

But I still mocked it to see how everything would fit and so on. Thinking of making a bracket for the ignition coil that holds it in the place pictured and that bracket would then be welded on the bracket for the box

121 - 140 of 1319 Posts