Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
The manifold is pretty much finished, might do some shaving tho but it's good for now :)

I also took the compressor housing of the new turbo to see if it could be rotated easily and it won't be a problem. And that size difference, damn!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Did some test fitting tonight. Shaved the intake manifold a little and got a alternator/ac pump bracket. I'm having some minor clearance problems with the alternator but nothing serious. I also moved the cooling fan to the right side of the radiator to make room for the ic piping. It's awesome to see this coming along, can't wait to finish this :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Did some work tonight. First off, got a hose for the turbo inlet. It's a tight fit but it fits. I'll also have too shorten the rust free 90° bend a bit.

My friend who's helping me made me these brackets for the ic, it's not going anywhere now

Then we fabbed up the piping on the manifold side

Then we welded what we got already (those welds tho)

And we also modded the alternator bracket, still have to weld it properly

Still haven't really figured out the turbo side piping yet

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Things are coming along nicely. We finished the manifold half of the piping and welded the alternator bracket. Turbo half of the piping should be finished tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Intercoolerpiping, check!

And this is how the alternator belt stuff will be solved. Just need a longer bolt and one bracket for alternator and thats it.

And since today was payday, tomorrow I'll be ordering some new injectors and a fuel filter. Going for 750cc Denso injectors and a Russell fuel filter (pretty sure it's some American muscle racing item but it's a resonable prize so why not).

101 - 120 of 1319 Posts