Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So I've been planning this build thing and am currently looking for some sidefeed injectors around 800cc... Already got myself a walbro 255 fuel pump. Washed the car the other night since it was really dusty :) Everyone loves pics right? :bump:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Finally got some piping to work with

Cutting out of the bumper for the pipes

Removed the horn bracket. My friend who's helping me with this insisted on that we moved the battery to the trunk, so I will be doing that too

Gonna be getting this intake manifold to go topfeed. Also I like it way better than any other factory manifold I have seen. It will need some customation for the throttle body to fit tho... any one used this intake on a drive by cable car?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Sooo, I bought that manifold. And it's big... So big that I'm lacking 45mm to clear the hood... I'm looking into how I can modifi it to work. Will be working on the car tonight so hopefully I can give you some updates soon :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Here is what we got done last night, I feel like we did alot. Atleast something happend :)

My friend welded on the bracket that we made, preatty awkward that his welds are better than the ebay ones on the IC lol

We finished removing the battery seat thingy

Then we cut out for the piping to enter the engine bay

Edit: some of the last pics are sideways because I took them through snapchat because my phone was dying on me (wouldnt let me use the camera)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Ebay turbo arrived. Looks good to me, hate on people lol :)

In all seriousness, I'm curious to see how this turns out :)

·
Registered
99 AW Coupe
723 Posts
My friend was just talking about eBay turbos. He said that they're decent, but if you want them to last longer than a year then you should take them apart and have the shaft balanced.

And nice work on the manifold. I wish I knew how to weld.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
My friend was just talking about eBay turbos. He said that they're decent, but if you want them to last longer than a year then you should take them apart and have the shaft balanced.

And nice work on the manifold. I wish I knew how to weld.
Yeah thats what I've heard to, people have advised me to get legit shafts and then I should be good. But I'll probably run it as it is and see :)

Wish I could weld too :/ I can fix exhausts and other minor things but I can't weld nothing so it will look good, and definetaly not aluminium. My friend who does the welding and is helping me with this is really good tho :)

81 - 100 of 1319 Posts