Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I work at a shop as well, it just he has the design and has made on already, but its cool no worries! I'll make one here someday :)
Ahh okay, well yeah dude I could easily just give you the measurements! It's just a box, super simple lol :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I dont think I have a way to bend the cut material as nicely as he did before welding the corners, etc. That's what I am thinking about
Ahh I see, in that case I'll def let you know if I'll ever think about making another :) Isn't there some other shop local to you that could do the bending and such?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Long time since last update huh, been lazy... Anyway, I fixed the idle thing. It was just a part of the tuning and the car is much better now

Some cell phone pics I took

Then I lowered it and I'm rather happy with the height for now, just wish the wheels were about 1inch wider...

And right now is a car festival in my town and my car was at the annual carshow yesterday

Engine bay still needs some work and clean up so the hood was actually closed during the show... And I ordered a turbo blanket due to the massive heat that builds up when I let the car idle for some time.

I'm also having a really annoying knocking noise from the rear right wheel. Shuts up when I turn to the right but keeps going when I turn left. Has all the symptoms of a wheel bearing but there is no play and no noise when I spin the wheel with the car lifted...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Car is looking great!
Thanks man! I actually got a few more pics that I've been too lazy to post lol

These are at a small meet during the festival (Bíladagar/Cardays)

And then I did a quick photoshoot, comments and advices welcome :) I think I need to spend more time on editing and practice some more...

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '03 WRX Wgn
3,587 Posts
Thanks man! I actually got a few more pics that I've been too lazy to post lol

These are at a small meet during the festival (Bíladagar/Cardays)

I usually don't like green for a car color, but I'm digging that bugeye.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
looking good. maybe i missed it in the thread, but with you running that low, are you running roll center adjusters in the front? it was a night and day difference when I got mine, and I was nowhere near as low as you (before the RCA install - i went lower afterward)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
looking good. maybe i missed it in the thread, but with you running that low, are you running roll center adjusters in the front? it was a night and day difference when I got mine, and I was nowhere near as low as you (before the RCA install - i went lower afterward)
Thanks! And no not running center roll adjustment, honestly I haven't really heard of that... Looked it up real quick on google, is it to prevent unessecary wear on the tires or? And what difference do you notice? :)

·
Registered
2002 OBS / 2008 FXT
387 Posts
Thanks! And no not running center roll adjustment, honestly I haven't really heard of that... Looked it up real quick on google, is it to prevent unessecary wear on the tires or? And what difference do you notice? :)
The roll center is the pivot point at which the body rolls as you corner. Lowering the car without any correction moves the roll-center away from the center or mass, making for a longer moment arm. Longer moment arm = more body roll. If you raise the roll-center back up then you will experience less body lean in the corners due to the shorter moment arm, all without changing to stiffer springs or sway bars.

Less body lean, but with bump compliance is a good thing in my book.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
The roll center is the pivot point at which the body rolls as you corner. Lowering the car without any correction moves the roll-center away from the center or mass, making for a longer moment arm. Longer moment arm = more body roll. If you raise the roll-center back up then you will experience less body lean in the corners due to the shorter moment arm, all without changing to stiffer springs or sway bars.

Less body lean, but with bump compliance is a good thing in my book.
Ahh okay kewl, I'll have too look into that :)

In other news...

Yaayyyy!
https://vimeo.com/131930513

https://vimeo.com/132037340

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
Got this a few days ago, it's apperantly not meant for the internal wastegate turbos or something but I managed to stuff it around the turbo pretty tight. Defenetaly does some good

181 - 200 of 1319 Posts