99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
hehe my new background for a bit.

Second one of your wagon lol
Haha awesome, sadly its a crappy quality pic

great pics!
Thanks man!

Last sunday night I went driving a little offroad and I remembered how badly I needed new fog lights. So I decided to try out some led fogs off ebay, not really what I would have wanted to go for (specially since both pair of the bigger ones are spot) but I also wasn't gonna be spending a few hundred bucks on fogs for this thing

Got 2 pairs of round fogs to mount on the front and some smaller work lights that wilk hopefully be mounted in each side and the rear of the car

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
You know you have island issues when it says delivery by November 5th
Usually it doesn't take that long, I'd expect all the stuff to be here early october at latest. I will lose it if it won't arrive until november

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Still waiting on fogs.... Need to do maintance though.

Radiator cracked. Tried diy plastic welding but that didn't work, lol
Both rear wheelbearings, one got water in it after the river crossing...
Exhaust leak as usual
Need to fix trailing hitch wiring
Handbrake needs work
Need to extend flares to pass inspection

Possibly something else, but I need to get most of this sorted for inspection. Did the right wheelbearing yesterday, it had gotten really loud really quickly after water got into it. I added more grease to it to try making it more resistant to water/wear if it ever gets into it again.

I'm also working on making an air pump out of my ac pump. I've gotten the intake and output flanges on, just got to plumb it and wire it up. My dad has an air tank laying around somewhere that he was gonna let me use too

Tested the deflating limit of my tires too, 5 psi looks really good. I'm pretty excited to try this pressure in the snow

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
That poor bearing had no chance haha
It didn't But to be fair, that thing was atleast 10 years old, and probably 18 years... We knew the people who had the car before me (I've had it for 9 years) and they bought it before 2000, if my dad remembers correctly, and he said they never had him change any wheelbearings. So in that case, I'm proud of that tiny bearing! lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Since I intend to run low tire pressures while offroading in the snow this winter I figured I might end up debeading. In some cases, just changing the tire could be quicker I bet. Once I started thinking about my spare tire I remembered I had 3x 15x6.5" et38 wheels laying around. I went in to our barn and managed to find an old 235/75r15 A/T tire, threw it on one of the wheels and now I have a full size spare! (and nowhere to mount it)

The tire is worn but its ideal for a spare. I'll have to drill the back of the wheel to clear the studs on the spacer but this felt like a smart (and free) solution for a spare

161 - 180 of 501 Posts