Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
soggy dirts the worst
Yes. Its been wet the whole week cause for some reason each time we get proper amount of snow the temp goes up to +8°c... My car is completely covered in nasty sand now -.-

And there we have one of many good reasons why my GC is staying inside until summer

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
psssssh. we had snow last week.. and today,..it's damn 72*. effing retarded.
I'd be so damn pissed lol. Like, just choose a fucking season already! I can deal with summer when its supposed to be summer, now I just want the damn snow to stay... -.-

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Alright so, swapped out the rattling lat links for stock ones. Not the same that were on the car cause they were bent ALOT.

Gonna sneak in a couple pics to show how nasty the car looked after driving on the wet streets for a week...

But the ebay lateral links were sooo bad, the rear ones were both done for, but the fronts weren't that bad I think. Obviously they should have been lubed and covered up for this kind of use, lesson learned.

So after changin out the links I did an alignment. And even managed to get it on all green for factory specs.

Now, that might sound weird since I said the camber plates were maxed out, hence the adjustable lat links. Well, if I tell you this can't make too much fun of me, cause I should definetaly keep this to myself...

When I made the camber plates I made them so that one side had more adjustability. I then maxed that out and installed them already maxed out. So basicly, I mixed up which way to adjust for negative/positive camber when I had the tophats on the table and maxed them out in positive camber. Never realised until a couple days ago lol. So now I've done a proper alignment and still have plenty of adjust left on the tophats

Only one issue so far, now I adjusted the camber so far that the struts/springs actually rub against the inside of the wheel well pretty badly. Gonna see if its possible to bring out a hammer for a little more room

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Fixed the strut/spring rubbing today, a good hammer works wonders haha! No extra noise now :) The strut tower was already pretty scraped...

And just cause I like this pic

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
should ride a lot smoother now you got the camber correct
Honestly it rides really good, not *much* different than stock, even with the sways out. Body roll isn't bad at all, its very stable. Main difference is that its more difficult to get the rear end out so it tends to understeer sometimes instead

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
get a rear sway bar in should get you a little less understeer. No sways good for travel though.
Yeaah I can deal with the understeer, I prefer having the option of more travel if I would need it

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,123 Posts
Run a bar with endlinks and use pin quick disconnects' on them to pull out and run no bar attached in seconds. Maybe stainless or something to keep from rust LOL

I just picture a long bolt, cut threads off, drill hole for a lock pin, done. Cheap and we shall see how sturdy haha

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Run a bar with endlinks and use pin quick disconnects' on them to pull out and run no bar attached in seconds. Maybe stainless or something to keep from rust LOL

I just picture a long bolt, cut threads off, drill hole for a lock pin, done. Cheap and we shall see how sturdy haha
Haha yeah people have done that. I honestly dont even feel like bothering with that, would be a solution, but I don't mind the car at all as is

81 - 100 of 501 Posts