Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

481 - 500 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
^ Yas but how many miles does OP put on? Like none. How many times he complains or worries about said motor? Daily
Hahahaha thats the GC Outback gets driven, and I worry less about an NA than the stock EJ205 over boosting to 24psi regularly, lol

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
100 Posts
great motor

My daily driver is an `05 3.0 R , 206,000 + plus miles, still running strong. I love this motor- good powerband, smooth . IMO, great choice.​

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
My daily driver is an `05 3.0 R , 206,000 + plus miles, still running strong. I love this motor- good powerband, smooth . IMO, great choice.​
Yeah I'm super excited to see how the car will drive with it. I much prefer it over some turbo engine, in this car anyway

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Been a busy last few days. Managed to get the wagon mostly done, with a ton of help from my friends and girlfriend. Exterior is basicly done, but we bailed on wrapping the rear bumper for now and the mid wing also needs to be wrapped. Since the exterior was done I decided to take the car to a show today. We managed to get it running late last night but the radiator, exhaust and power steering still needs to be hooked up so it was literally only a few seconds of running.

But over all I'm really happy with how it looks, just have to get the engine stuff sorted and then see if everything works as it should :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
that thing looks badASS! nice work!
Thanks man, appreciate it! I'm super happy with the new look, just gotta tie up the loose ends so I can start driving it

93 dash FTW
Love the airbagless dash! So much more practical, a nice place to store your burger and fries, or something... Lol

i missed all this until i saw it on IG, thought you pulled a fast one on us
I'd do no such thing, lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Things slowed down alot lately but I still need to get this thing done, got tons of loose ends. I hooked up the coolant crossover that my brother and dad made for me and poured some coolant on it so I could actually let the engine run.

And today I started to put together an exhaust for it. Gonna get everything together for now, and then order some resonators and a muffler. I wanted to squeeze in two resonators, one 20" and another 12" but I'm gonna start with a 20" and see if its gonna be quiet enough.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,170 Posts
That coolant crossover is super neat. Any other pictures of it off the car?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
That coolant crossover is super neat. Any other pictures of it off the car?

Looks like dads actually do always know better, lol. I didn't agree with his design but went with it anyway, its growing on me though

I thought I had pics of it off the car but apperantly I don't... Here is another pic from a slightly different angle

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,170 Posts
It's a great idea, it should flow perfectly fine too. Cutting the radiator support is silly.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
It's a great idea, it should flow perfectly fine too. Cutting the radiator support is silly.

Yeah like I said, it really grew on me. That being said I never planned on cutting the rad support. I've seen so many H6 rad setups that look so horribly unnecessary and are just tough to look at... I wanted to do two 90° bends integrated at the rad, going down to each coolant port at the engine. But it would have been to tight I think, and this ended up being a lot simpler

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
770 Posts
That crossover is badass! Whole car is awesome. Really cool the h6 is coming together too.

Also, the wrap looks good! I wanna fix my rust this winter and wrap seems like a good way to get new color on the car without having a place to paint.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
That crossover is badass! Whole car is awesome. Really cool the h6 is coming together too.

Also, the wrap looks good! I wanna fix my rust this winter and wrap seems like a good way to get new color on the car without having a place to paint.
Thanks!

Wrap definitely is more convinient and cheaper than paint for an avarage diy'er, but I would really recommend a brand name vinyl rather than the cheap china stuff I got. Aside from not knowing how well it lasts or how much damage it does to the paint, its just so stiff and hard to work around the bumpers. We bailed on the rear bumper and mid wing for now cause of it lol

481 - 500 of 501 Posts