Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The location of your house looks like it's straight incredible. You have neighbors close by or do you own a decent chunk of land.

Car is badass too!
Haha thanks. It is a really nice place, we have quite a big land and the neighbors are not really close. I got some drone pics I took this summer/fall, all are taken just by our house basicly.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow—this is some incredible work. Definitely the best build I have ever seen in Iceland.
Hah I wouldn't say so myself but thanks, I appreciate it
Damn! Let me know if you ever need a room mate!
Well, it's my parents house and land, and I doubt a room mate is needed lol.

But, on a serious note, the small house you see that stands alone (which is also theirs) is being rented out as a cabin, so if you're ever in Iceland you could book a night there with some friends

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Funny stuff happened today. I drowned the car in snow as I charged through a snowdrift... I forgot how exposed the intake was in the fender

Lifted Subaru drowned in snow - YouTube

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Not much of actual updates, but I did cover the intake opening with frogzkin so snow won't get in anymore. Water won't either for that matter. Its only supposed to be temperary though

And I really got to try out the car today. I'm staying in a cabin with some friends and it is flooded with snow. One of them has a 35" Suzuki Vitara and the other one has a 33" (I think) Hilux. I managed to keep up alright, Hilux got stuck a couple times, (so did I) mostly because he was running full tire pressure I guess. I deflated down to about 15psi, 10 in one tire by accident, didn't run into any issues though.

·
Registered
Bluebird
690 Posts
Awesome. I was a fan of your other car and I am liking the utilitarian style of this one-keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Awesome. I was a fan of your other car and I am liking the utilitarian style of this one-keep the pictures coming!
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Added some pretty cool stickers I got from Subiewerks on Instagram, a reflective windshield banner and a small decal in the rear window.

I also finally gutted the rear fenders so no more worrying about rubbing, I hope... This poor thing is soo freakimg rusty, gotta do something about that when I stop dailying it

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
right?

sweet adventure
That's not rusty at all!
Oh you guys don't see behind the bumper cover... Weirdly enough the quarters aren't the worst part, quite bad on the drivers side tho. But the area behind the rear wheels is completely rotten, its just open right into the trunk

Edit: Some pics so you realise. Might not be all to bad looking at it in pics, but it is quite bad though lol

Right side

Left side

It's probably not to bad to fix, atleast I plan on looking into this when I'll have time to deal with it

21 - 40 of 501 Posts