Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 240 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Lights are mounted. Still have to finish wiring them up though.

Doesn't look to bad without a bumper tbh...

Cut the middle section out to make room for the fogs

In progress

These plugs came in super handy

Taadaaa!

One thing I will say bothers me a bit, is that the middle fogs are too sunken in compared to the outer ones... Doesn't really look right to me... Might eventually do something about it, but I doubt it, lol

Light output seems fine. The flood/fog beam isn't bright at all, but I'm sure it will be nice to have. Spot/driving beams are pretty damn bright, should be good. Still have to adjust everything and so on.

This is with all lights off, just the 4 fogs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Currently all lights only hooked up to the high beams. Didn't bother to wire in the switches cause I have a switch panel on the way which I'm just gonna wire in instead.

I can see why bue hates his lights if he had the flood lights, they don't seem to do much. I guess I cant really tell until I have them wired on separate switches and maybe so they can function only with the park lights too. Granted I haven't driven anywhere with them lit yet.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Done some driving, and I am pretty happy with the fogs. Gives a pretty good overall lightning

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,177 Posts
I think I had the 500FF's.

Also, I should note, I was doing a rallyx at night and yea, driving as fast as you can at night with oem bulbs and those out the box, I was blind :lol:

But then again I was a noob. this was 2010-11

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Almost already broke the fogs Went hunting and had to cross a few frozen streams... The dept was excacly enough so that the ice went straight on to the fogs, so they were basicly the only thing breaking the ice away as I crossed the streams. Some ice chunks were about 1cm in thickness...

On the bright side I got a free light alignment

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Kill anything? Well besides almost the fogs.
Sadly no, still a good day. Super nice weather and a good place to hike, prolly walked like 15km. Went with my gf's brother and their dad, we took home 5 rock ptarmigans. I only saw one group of birds which never really came into range for me (also I'm not even a good shot)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Really was. Also noticed a few truck tracks over the mountain. There wasn't to much snow and the little that was there was completely frozen, so it made for a good and rather easy path to follow. Would have loved to drive up there...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Tbh this is hilarious

The chunks of ice were still on the bumper when I got home, I'm kinda surprised that the fogs survived

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
so when you moving lights to the ruff?
As in the roof ruff? Maybe when I make a tube bumper, maybe I'll just get a lightbar for the roof or some, idk. Haven't planned anything. But the fogs are scary exposable down there for sure...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Got the snow I asked for, we're having a bit of a storm...

Also I managed to get stuck already cause I'm a dumbass. 5 meters from the shop at home though so we just grabbed the next car with a hitch and pulled it out

Also, my airfilter got clogged after the car standing outside in the storm and driving 45km. An open snorkel apperantly isn't a good idea... Need to prevent this from happening somehow, was thinking about putting frogszkin in the opening of the snorkel, but I guess that would also just get covered and clogged...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
thats a good bit of snow

does top of snorkel spin, turn it backwards
Fair point... I probably still need to cover it when I park the car, which I am doing now. Also, running on 3 cyls currently, a spark plug cable gave up and I'm not at home... Hoping someone in town has a spare one so I can swap it out

221 - 240 of 501 Posts