Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
time for a roof basket.
Kinda wanted to, but there are two flaws. It'll take away the space I intended for snowboard mounts (eventually), and shits gonna be annoying once all the snow gets trapped in there, doubling the cars weight...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Nothing much up, but some stuff still

I hooked up my AC compressor, it doesn't blow any air... I got a other one for 20 bucks. Doesn't work either. I wonder what these things need to compress air, I though as soon as you lock up the clutch and it spins, it should compress? Idk... Kinda annoyed by that lol

Since I'm gonna try and have the car inspected and registered for 29" tires, I need to cover the tire thread, flares were too small. So, this is what I came up with. Still a work in progress and needs to be mounted

All my leds for except 4 6" work lights have arrived. Fogs were smaller than I expected, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and mount them anyway. Its getting really dark out and I hate my stock lightning

Gonna mount a couple of these on each side of the car

And I intended to mount one of these in the back, but seeing how it looks under the spoiler (where I pictured it would look really good) it actually looks silly... I'm thinking I might put two of these in the rear bumper instead

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Bad internal seals on the A/C compressors?
Thats what I'm thinking, but I find it weird that the one I bought was broken too. It had recently come out of a car and was very well lubricated from what I could see

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Made brackets for my smaller fogs. They don't look right without the bigger ones but these were easier to mount cause I accidentally bought headlights for a Jeep or whatever so they don't have any mounting brackets on them so I'll have to fab up something...

And the other day a set of 31x10.5 came in at work which I took aside and compared to my 235/75r15. The pictures don't show it, but it looks doable, they only passed the front of the wheelwell by a centimeter or two... So, more lift and lenghtening the wheelbase a small bit should easily fit these

And we finally got some snow

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Needs more metal plates and spikes.

Love how IDGAF this car is.
Maybe I missed it but are you running longer axles?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Needs more metal plates and spikes.

Love how IDGAF this car is.
Maybe I missed it but are you running longer axles?
I really need a skid plate to prevent the engine bay being filled with snow... And I'm eventually gonna redo the front with a half cut bumper, skid plate and a new front bar to go with it all. Who knows when that'll be...

But yeah no, stock axles all around

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Don't forget the spikes.

I'm surprised. I "fixed" some camber issues with adjusting the lateral links and I ended up pulling the axle apart.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Don't forget the spikes.

I'm surprised. I "fixed" some camber issues with adjusting the lateral links and I ended up pulling the axle apart.
Yeah thats a common issue. I don't run my adjustables any more, but when I did I had no issues

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Needs bigger! Ha

Looks like fun man.
Really does need bigger tires lol. It prolly would also need the H6 to properly drive bigger tires... That will hopefully all be sorted sometime

damn...i need to move. the closest my car sees to snow is rain. lol
Thats crappy. We barely have any snow anymore. It got above 0°c last night and started raining, so its all gone now...

Also, it's been a while since the last time I bought a Subaru, so I got this to part out. Mostly cause it does also have a dual range so now I have a spare one. The trims around the doors side windows also look much better than on the Outback, so I'll use that and some other bits when I tackle the bodywork on it.

181 - 200 of 501 Posts