Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know these tires sucks, but are you still using the stock RE92s? i don't do much driving, only have over 21,000 miles, so i'm still on the stock RE92s. just wondering how many of you guys out there still on those tires.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Well, if you asked me 8000 miles ago I'd say yes. I had to prepare for winter, so i went for performance all season tires. IMO, the RE90's aren't that well in hard driving nor emergency maneuvers. Change when you can.

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
I'm still on them with about 25k miles on them now. I'm a poor unemployed college student so I can't afford stuff. I can bearly afford mods that go for around $100. Since tires cost at least $400, I dunno if I can ever save enough for them.

I don't know if I want to waste nice tires on my commute every day either. For whoever thinks my car isn't a daily grinder, I just point to the fast-track stuck on my windshield... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm almost @ 30K and I just ordered a set of 17" OZ SL's so I'll finally be ditching my RE92. And there was much rejoicing :sunny: :biggest:

·
Registered
174 Posts
27000+ miles on them. As much as ppl complain about them, they aren't really THAT bad. Especially if you encounter the occasional gravel and snow situation. My next set will be the Dunlop SP5000's though.

·
Registered
2ooo RS coupe
36 Posts
I just bought a set of stock rims w/ Dunlop SP Sport 8000 (directional)- I cant wait to find how they handle, i think I'll paint the rims gun-metal gray first hmmmm...... :rolleyes: what do you guys and girls think??

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HomerJay said:
I'm almost @ 30K and I just ordered a set of 17" OZ SL's so I'll finally be ditching my RE92. And there was much rejoicing :sunny: :biggest:
did you order the OZ SL from vivid? if so, i wanted a set too...but i just bought a camera! oh well...what color SL did you get? don't say gold, please...

jansen

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
I'm still on RE92 too. :eek: Almost 15k so far. I can tell the edges of the tires are showing wear from cornering & drifting around. ;)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, how come it shows what member # you are mike? it doesn't show for me. hmmmm...

i still think RE92s aren't that bad for everyday driving, it just starts to suck when it's wet. but all the sliding around just brings more fun!

jansen

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
hey, how come it shows what member # you are mike? it doesn't show for me. hmmmm...
Doh! RS25.com beat me to it! :p Just what he said:

"Just put a bunch of spaces after your location in your profile, then add your member number (which you can find out by hovering over the "Profile" button at the end of your post and looking in the Status Bar of your browser. "

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so, i'm acutally member #4?

jansen

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
let's see, RS25 is #1, Leo is #2, and Luftyone is #3, so i'm #4

JZ oo7 09-04-2001
Luftyone 09-04-2001
iBlueVirus 08-31-2001

and, this is getting way off topic! haha!

jansen

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
JZ oo7, I think you're the real #3. I think RS25.com is the fake #1. :p He artificially made himself #1, so I think there could be 2 #1's. :confused:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
No, I am the only number one, but if you go to the member list, sort by date joined, and then hover over the buttons you can see that #3 and #4 are out of order. Why, I don't know.

Just a fascinating little tidbit on the RS Club.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled show! :lol:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so, what # am I? 3 or 4? huh? help!

oh, back to the topic, i'm still on my RE92s.

jansen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still rolling on the re92 tires. Bought mine from an I-clubber. Going to auto-x on them this Sunday also. Probably buy another set later this year (if I get a good deal).
Maybe once, I get a decent job, I wll move up to a better tire.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts