Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT, 1977 Jeep CJ7
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i was listening to the radio driving today. The station had a big online poll to see what most aggressive drivers drive. This is how it went.

1.BMW
2. Subaru??
3.Porsche
4.Land Rover
5.Mercedes

Are Subaru owners that bad hahah???

I think 90% of the bad Subaru drivers are the rich kids whose mommy and daddy bought them a WRX or STi

·
Registered
2003 2.5RS
19 Posts
im going to have to go ahead and say that i argee with you 100%, only the kids who get the cars from mommy and daddy are the ones who drive like that for the most part anyway

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
957 Posts
I think 90% of the bad Subaru drivers are the rich kids whose mommy and daddy bought them a WRX or STi
I'm surrounded by those... :uKk:
I swear.. one of these days, its just going to be :blowingup

Real Subaru drivers, that I see around, are hella NOT aggressive... sure we take a turn or two with a nice slide... but we keep it safe

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
In Wisconsin, anything that is over 5mph over the limit on any road or highway exit is agressive.

So, im pretty fucking crazy by that standard. :)

·
Registered
05 wrx, 95 L
432 Posts
I don't know, and I don't want to open up a big can of self inflicted whoop ass, but I've noticed that around here most any SUV or truck owner is an aggressive driver. I think it's the feeling of owning the road that abnormally large vehicles tend to give. Take into consideration that we also have a lot of hillbilly ******** in these parts who just so happen to drive trucks.

In general though, think I'd be hard pressed to drive 10 miles down the road and not find myself dealing with someone I would consider an aggressive driver, it's how a lot of people drive nowadays.

I can't really comment on exotics, because again, a lot of people in my area couldn't identify a 1, 3, 4, or 5 to save their lives.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
im going to have to go ahead and say that i argee with you 100%, only the kids who get the cars from mommy and daddy are the ones who drive like that for the most part anyway
+1234 on the mommy and daddy part.

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
They hear the boxer rumble and they think we are driving like maniacs. I was told to slow down the other day by some old guy when I was going 22 in a 25.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
thats absurd, subaru drivers aggressive!? nooo

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
They hear the boxer rumble and they think we are driving like maniacs. I was told to slow down the other day by some old guy when I was going 22 in a 25.
That's pretty funny that happened to me today on my way to work. I was going the speed limit 15 in a 15 and some lady was unloading her kids, ironically from a subaru outback, and gave me the slow down hand gesture. I stopped, backed up and gave her a thumbs up and a smile. She didn't like that too much.:jerkit:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
That study was done in England, where Subaru's are one of the few muscle cars around. It does not apply to the USA.

:banana:

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
I was in an accident in a Tribeca which was caused by a Land Rover LR3. Just tooling along, doing 65 on the highway in the middle lane, and then a squeal and a bang from behind.

Plus I drive like my grandma anyway, so I seriously dispute that ranking based on personal experience.

·
Premium Member
00 V7 RSTi racingbrake4pots
1,023 Posts
:run: I never ever, ever drive agressive......honest....

:letitout:
JUST GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!!

·
Registered
2007 Impreza 5dr
234 Posts
I'm a pretty aggressive driver. Some guy in a corvette told me I drive like an asshole a few weeks ago. :rolleyes::yapyap:

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
I'm a pretty aggressive driver. Some guy in a corvette told me I drive like an asshole a few weeks ago. :rolleyes::yapyap:
guys in corvettes drive like the biggest pussies in the whole world. I swear, I have never ever seen a corvette go more than 10 over. It's the most retarded thing ever. Why would so many people buy the quintessential american sports car, but then never get on it.

That said, I've been driving my swapped RS even more conservatively than I did before the swap because my exhaust gives me away. But that doesn't stop me from lowering my right foot about 20 times a trip :devil:

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
hmmm I dont think that radio station is correct... anyways how can you even measure aggressiveness... I think that Mercedes are the most common speeders... I always see Mercedes' flying by me on the highway

1 - 20 of 69 Posts