Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this issue is very common on this board, but are we a dying breed? Every day on i-club i see more and more 98-01 rs's going up for sale.
I'd just like to say that I love my car, and although I would love to have a wrx, bug-eyed and all, the gc body style is still my favorite.
Who's with me???

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
All the way!
I love my car more than anything, and way more than any WRX.
The RS is a very rare, bad ass car, while you see the WRX EVERYWHERE.
I actually had the choice between a WRX and the 00' RS I have right now, and I went with the RS because I have loved it so long and so much. (also because if I wanted the WRX, I would have had to work all summer, and sent every penny of my paycheck into the WRX, but that is beside the point...)
The RS is a dying breed because nobody can handle it's coolness anymore. I am going to HIN this friday with my car, and I am going to be one of the VERY few RSs in our group of about 28 WRXs, so my car will be getting all the attention, while the WRXs are quite commonplace.

So yeah, I love my car. GC8 all the way!

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
I don't see myself ever selling my car!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Just to clear this up about me selling my car..........I will be buying a '03 subaru, but as soon as I can I will be buying a pre-'02 2door to build into another streetable rally car. I love my current car but I know now what I should do to build a car that will handle what I want to put it through. I also hate to see the RS's being sold off, but with the price droping on the resale of these cars maybe this will allow people to buy them that other wise could not afford them and now we will see more of them getting fixed up. I think alot of people that bought these cars new were afraid to really do anything to them. Now maybe we will see some good built RS's come out of all the sale of these cars.

sean

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
streetable rally car.
not to be an ass, but i have no idea what you mean by this. even a PGT car would be dangerous as a street car. a cage without a harness and a helmet is more dangerous then just a seatbelt by far. or maybe you mean an RS with a DMS suspension and some rally tires meant for fun on gravel but not competition? i know this sounds like i'm just trying to be a dick, but i'm really not sure what you mean by that phrase.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I love my RS. Even though I haven't driven it in about 3yrs now I still love it. I'll love it even more now that its a turbo and I have a storage shed full of parts for it. After this project is done though its time to work on the wifes Audi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sean: i in no way directed this thread at you! :) you have a damn nice car though, wish you wouldn't get rid of it ;)
but seriously, sorry if you felt like you had to defend yourself... us socal people have to stick together!

anywho, i just got back from washing the suby... still looks great! (although i must admit that after 65k miles, it's starting to show a bit of wear...)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love my car. I couldnt bear to sell it. Besides, I think I could make more selling my kidney on ebay than by selling my car.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L
1,196 Posts
GC8 Fo LyFe~!!!!
AltHough i dont Have A ScOOby Yet...
a impreza 2.5 will be my First..! ahahhahahahah!!!!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!

er........ o_O? eh? ah? shi-be-ski-bah-oom-bla goon-da-uh eeeeff..?

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,211 Posts
Keepin My RS

I also love my car. More after being without it for almost 4 months. (Crash)
I thought about getting rid of it once the STi comes to our shores, but I think I'm leaning more towards keeping my car now.
I even have a friend who will be getting rid of his beautiful MY00 White RS Sedan for a WRX soon. :(

Just wanted to say I'm keeping the faith! :sunny:

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
We-Z_Noogie said:
GC8 Fo LyFe~!!!!
AltHough i dont Have A ScOOby Yet...
a impreza 2.5 will be my First..! ahahhahahahah!!!!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!
GC8!!

er........ o_O? eh? ah? shi-be-ski-bah-oom-bla goon-da-uh eeeeff..?

WTF?!?!?:confused:
:yikes:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I'd have to say that we are a dying breed, and I don't even have an RS! My next car most likely will be one, but I still have a lot of time before I can get one; about 5 years until I'm done with school! By that time, finding a good used one will be a challenge, since the newest ones will be about 7 years old! But that is a car I'd like to get and play with regardless of whatever else I may drive! I think it's sad that a lot of them are going up for sale, but I'm sure everyone has their reasons, good or bad. Our body style is much more attractive than the new age body. It is slowly growing on me, but it will never look better than the GC body, regardless of what headlights are on it!:)

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
I don't mind other people selling off their RS's. It gives a chance to others to enjoy the car. But if it gets sold to a non-enthusiast, I can only pray for that the car is put to good use. I love my RS and would never get rid of it.

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
Well, if anyone is selling their 2.5 rs impreza, preferably a 2001 but a 2000 will do. I live in Nj about 5 min away from philly. I am desperate and have been looking for ever. If anyone has one for sell near me, email me at [email protected]. I want a white one, but any colors i would be interested in. I love the PRB, black, or the silver. thanks all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone else have anything to add??? :)
oh, and if anyone is looking for a great buy, i know a guy selling a mod'd 4door rs for sale in socal. it's such a good deal, i actually considered selling my 99 coupe just so i could get this car!
anyways, no matter what, i love my gc rs... i just washed it, and it sure does clean up nicely! ;)
greg

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
10th Warrior said:

not to be an ass, but i have no idea what you mean by this. even a PGT car would be dangerous as a street car. a cage without a harness and a helmet is more dangerous then just a seatbelt by far. or maybe you mean an RS with a DMS suspension and some rally tires meant for fun on gravel but not competition? i know this sounds like i'm just trying to be a dick, but i'm really not sure what you mean by that phrase.
Have you ever seen my car??? I have redone some of the roll cage and the car could pass SCCA of CRS spec. I DO have point 5 point harnesses and have been able to set up the cage so that my 5 ft 7inch short ass can fit with out hitting my head on the cage. I rally don't know much about you, but to tell you about me, I have been doing metal fab my whole life and have worked on many SCCA spec cars. I see no reason that I can't build a SCCA spec car and still have interior, a stereo, and other things that would make it "Streetable". The differant things I would do next time, would be to seam weld most of the car and build the roll cage to meet spec right from the start. I would like to know what you think would make me not be able to have a streetable SCCA spec car. After all that is the point of the Production and Production GT car, isn't it???

sean

·
Registered
231 Posts
Back on topic

I live in Bellingham Washington. Subaru’s are the second largest selling car here, (ford being first). However, we only have five 5 RS two doors in Bellingham. I own one of them and even though we are a dying breed the look on peoples faces as I drive by is worth it. :) Johann

www.performanceave.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
you think thats bad.... i have a 13.4 sec RS hybrid put all this time and money and luvin into the build up and i wake up this morning in hong kong and my 15 year old cousin sends an email asking if he can buy the RS in Canada in two years... his offer...... 2200 dollars CANADIAN!!!!!
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :mad: :mad: : :devil: :devil: :devil:

WFBS!!!!! WTF!!! i was so pissed off... i know he has no idea but F*** everybody say it with me!!! F*** !!!!!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
dude, i think you missed my first and last sentences. i wasn't trying to give you a hard time, i just didn't understand what you meant by a "streetable rally car". personally, i have never seen any racecar, PGT ones included, that i would think would make good street cars. hell, even some Stock class auto-x cars get trailered :rolleyes: i'm not trying to insult you, your abilities, or your car, so chill. but, as a general rule of thumb, if a car is built for racing, its not safe and/or not practical for being daily driven. while there are obviously exceptions to the rule (as is your car), i was curious as to what you meant.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
No problem!!

I just get upset when this subject comes around. We are trying to get more people into rally racing and apart of that is the fact that we CAN build a safe rally car that you can safely drive everyday and also rally-x and even do SCCA races. We have two cars right now that pass SCCA and CRS spec and can be safely driven. My car is only 2 gussets away from being able to pass SCCA spec. To build a car to spec you don't have to remove everything and make it hard to drive daily.

sean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts