Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2003 2.5RS NA Impreza Unknown Exhaust, New mudflaps, OZ P1 Rims, Blue paint,
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good compared to what though? whiteline is a good product.
Sorry for not clarifying. Would it be a good first step of modding my car? People have been saying that sway bars are a good idea for the impreza. I don't know a lot about his stuff so I figured I would ask you guys.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fronts are already pretty big on most subies, What size is your rear bar?
From what i can see online, it would be 25mm. I don't think I have one installed though. Sorry for all the unsureness, im still trying to figure out how to do this.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Do you know if the 2003 impreza would also be like that?
It's not.
Sorry for not clarifying. Would it be a good first step of modding my car? People have been saying that sway bars are a good idea for the impreza. I don't know a lot about his stuff so I figured I would ask you guys.
sway bars are definitely a good first step to tighten up the handling of your car
From what i can see online, it would be 25mm. I don't think I have one installed though. Sorry for all the unsureness, im still trying to figure out how to do this.
if your bars are still OE, your front is a 20 and your rear is a 13.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not.

sway bars are definitely a good first step to tighten up the handling of your car

if your bars are still OE, your front is a 20 and your rear is a 13.
Thank you! How does the fitting work? Would a 22mm still work for the front or would it have to be a 20mm?

· Registered
2,158 Posts
you should be able to fit whatever is available to your chassis from whiteline. the sway bars should come with new bushings for the thicker bar, and i highly recommend replacing your endlinks at the same time. beefy bar is no good with sloppy links.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you should be able to fit whatever is available to your chassis from whiteline. the sway bars should come with new bushings for the thicker bar, and i highly recommend replacing your endlinks at the same time. beefy bar is no good with sloppy links.
Sorry, I'm still new to this. What do you mean by "you should be able to fit whatever is available to your chassis from whiteline"?

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Design

You only have one option for the front. going from 19-20mm front bar to a 22 wont be that noticeable... but upgrading your rear from a 13 to a 22 will be a completely different car.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
View attachment 91621
You only have one option for the front. going from 19-20mm front bar to a 22 wont be that noticeable... but upgrading your rear from a 13 to a 22 will be a completely different car.
Ok! Thank You! What size should i do for the front? And what website is that?

· Registered
97 OBS 5MT
26 Posts
[QUOTE="silverton, post: but upgrading your rear from a 13 to a 22 will be a completely different car.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. Get a bigger rear bar with bushings, new bushings on the stock front bar, and new endlinks on all 4 corners. One of the best bang for the buck suspension mods you can do on a Subaru.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts