Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I broke down and ordered a set of SSR comps for the beast, complete with Bridgestone S-03s. Does anybody know if these wheels will rub without modification to the car? My concern is that the stock wheels were 16X7 +53, and the SSRs are 17X7.5 +55. My car has Eibach/AGX and is lowered about an inch. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
i think you'll be fine as long as you went with a 215/45/17 and not the 205/50/17's i have seen tire rack sell to people before(for god only knows what reason)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tire Rack sells those because they are the closest to the stock diameter. Doesn't mean they should that's just why they do it.

I second the 215-45-17

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
Pilot said:
Tire Rack sells those because they are the closest to the stock diameter. Doesn't mean they should that's just why they do it.

I second the 215-45-17
yeah but the actual MAST +1 size would be a 215/45/17 and that's why i can't figure out why they'd selling a 205/50/17....but anyhow i think you'll be fine on the rubbing.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza W"RS"X BRP
189 Posts
Good to go...

I agree with Andrew...You won't rub unless you make them rub by going over board on a lower ride height...

Zee:cool:

·
Banned
152 Posts
I asked a guy who was running DMS gold coilovers with over a 2" drop, said the rears only rub when hard cornering during autoX... he changed the camber settings a little bit and they don't rub any more..

I believe the offset is +50.. they also clear 4pots..

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
i think you'll be fine....i know when one of the locals had his car down 1 3/4" he'd only rub with 3 people in the car and HEAVY cornering...i.e.: 8complex driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts