Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Well my exhaust choices have been changed around once again since I found out that my source (vivid racing) does not have the Blitz anymore and I am not sure if anyone else has it available.

Anyway, what he does have for me is either an Apex'i N1 or an HKS system......which should i go for?

I know that the N1 comes out the back on a bit of a diagonal, does the HKS system do the same thing?

Any opinions would help

Thanks
John

·
Registered
32 Posts
my vote would be for an Apex'i...i am really liking the angled exhaust and it sounds amazing

dont quote me on it but i dont believe the HKS has an angled design like the N1 does

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey John,

I've got an Apex and it sounds very unique. If your not looking for a loud exhaust but still want good power out of it then its the one to go with. I have had the unit on my car for about a month now and I've gotten used to the big coffee can at the back, but it looks sweet from the side angle and that's what counts. As for me I never put the "silent thing" in and it's not loud at all, it sounds just right kinda like a Harley Davidson, at least that's what my friends who ride HD's tell me ....Anyhow great exhaust I would definately recommended!

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Headers and the Apex'i N-1 fucking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apex'i is a good choice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's

I Know I am going to make the right decision.....I placed my order today with Rollhard Performance and it should be at my door in a week.

I also odered a Kartboy short shifter last night.

Can't wait for this stuff to come in

Long live Sube's

·
Registered
32 Posts
well i wish i had an Apex'i....better yes i wish i had an RS! haha

i drive a 1988 Mazda 626 with 177,000 miles on it...until i can buy my dads RS off of him in February. it is prolly good to get hours behind something less expensive to learn on i guess

-dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the tanabe super racing medallion. Full stainless steel construction and very similiar in appearance to the apex'i unit with a slightly different canister style. Im very happy with it. Its also a bit cheaper than the apex'i I believe.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
kenkong17 said:
I got a question

will an Apexi N1 catback fit a 2003 RS?
Interesting question and the answer is...I don't know...if I'm not mistaking the exaust did not change from the 01 to the 02..try doing some research....sorry I wish I could be more help!:(

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Apex'i kicks ass

I have had the N1 on my car (muffler only, stock otherwise) and I really like it. Don't know if it's faster, but it sure sounds awesome. Can't wait to get the Borla Gen.4 header tomorrow...I know, there is better headers out there, and I'd rather have equal lenth primaries, but for the price...

Does anyone here have the Borla/Apex'i N1 combo???

BTW, Renick Subaru has the Gen.4 stainless header for $295 shipped!
That's less than wht Borla sells em' for!
888-923-8201

I got the Borla on the car now, pretty sweet, the funky firing order comes through clear!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the Greddy Evo personally, but I would choose the HKS (Hyperpower system) over the N1. I'm not sure about on all cars, but the HKS on my friends MR2 is pretty quiet and legal compared to the N1.

Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts