Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the damping to make them stiffer? I've got the koni adjustable struts with perrin springs and i want to make the front end a little more stiff to reduce the body roll during turn in. Does it have anything to do with the bolt on top of the strut tower?????

K THANKS BYE!

·
Registered
RHD 97 STi
3,041 Posts
I have rear koni yellow inserts. They're adjustable from the top of the strut. There should be this flat pin on top and from that, you use the koni plastic thing or some pliers to turn it from stiff to soft.

Do you have the inserts? I think they only made the inserts for our car.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm.....honestly i don't know. i bought the car with the struts and springs on. but the housing is red. and the bolt on the strut top has four sections that go from 1-4 and are different colors so i'm guessing there's something to do with that for adjusting?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i think you've got KYB AGX's... mine are red too, and the fronts have coloured numbers 1-4 on the top of the strut. from what i know of koni's they only come in yellow.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh rally???? aight well i'll try and take a photo to show ya'll. but not right now i have a research paper due tomorrow. anyone know anything about lewis and clark expedition?????

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
scoobaroo said:
oh rally???? aight well i'll try and take a photo to show ya'll. but not right now i have a research paper due tomorrow. anyone know anything about lewis and clark expedition?????

i think sakagawea gave them some spectacular BJ's..?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Koni "classic" can come in red....but I don't think they have an application for Subaru in that model. You probably have the AGX but were told it has Koni.

To adjust the AGX, use a small screwdriver to press down and turn the pointer toward 4. You'll know it's in position when it pops back up flush with the top.

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
and make absolutely sure you push down, then turn and not just try to turn the dial. if you dont push down and turn you can ruin your struts.

for reference, 1 is the softest, 4 is the hardest.

·
Registered
02 GD6
2,056 Posts
there are two koni models, koni red and koni yellow. red being the entry level strut and yellow the premium. the red is only adjustable off the car in a vise, and the yellow is adjustable at the strut tower top.

im not sure if there is a red for imprezas. anyway, sounds like you have KYB AGX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts