Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one, and was wondering what you thought of them. Now is as good a time to get one as any. I only have a CAI. so I can track my mods progress:confused:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i have heard mix results about the g-tech. some said it was pretty accurate, and some said it was way off. i don't know. ah, to track your progress all you need is a butt dyno. mines is accuarte to the whp. when it's hot as hell, i feel a lost of 7 whp when the ambient temp. is 80º, and 13 whp when it's over 90º. :lol:

jansen

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I have one, and I like it. I've never been to the track, though, so i'm not sure how accurate it is, but it gives consistent times, and the times I get for the 1/4 seem to match up pretty well with what other RS's with the same/similar mods run at the strip. It's a fun little toy, and it is usable for keeping track of whether a mod does anything or not. Even if it's not accurate for real-world numbers, as long as it's consistent, you can see what does what.

·
Registered
2013 SCION FRS WHITEOUT
638 Posts
i have g-tech. it is somewhat accurate with the quartermile times. but when it comes to trapseed, it is pretty off. by like 5 mph. my bro ran 15.33 at 99.9mph. with injen cai in his 97 240sx. now that, is off.

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks guys. As long as it is consistent it will work for me. now to go find a good testing road

:nuetron:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
AzN STi IMPREZA said:
i have g-tech. it is somewhat accurate with the quartermile times. but when it comes to trapseed, it is pretty off. by like 5 mph. my bro ran 15.33 at 99.9mph. with injen cai in his 97 240sx. now that, is off.
They mention the trapspeed thing in the owners manual. The reason it's higher is that the G-Tech gives your speed at the end of the 1/4 mile, while at the track, your trapspeed is your average speed over the last 60 feet of the track. So you should expect the G-Tech to give 3-5 mph faster than the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts