Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if the PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blades are actually worth their price.. i need some new wipers and found these online but they are um.. expensive to say the least. any comments or reviews would be appreciated..

robert

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I have a set. I got them from Drivewire.com for an OK price. They work well I kind of wish we'd get some good rain here but we've been pretty dry the last few months. Installing them was strange. They give you a pre-treatment pad for the windscreen. What it is, is just rain-x as far as I can tell. Then (here is the strange part) they want you to run the wipers, dry, for like 5 minutes. This is to coat the windscreen from the wiper blades. That kind of scared me because I've found Subaru glass scratches really easly. So I just did it for a few swipes then stopped.

They do work well and don't chatter. You are supposed to only use them for a year and replace them though according to the directions. so it's not like you get a lot more use out of them than normal blades. I change mine every year anyway.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They work well, they work no better than Bosch's top of the line(can't remember the name). Not worth the extra $$, although I still have the PIAAs on the car b/c, hell, I was one of the suckers who bought 'em.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys just needed some opinions.. for the price i think i'm just gonna go with a set of bosch's. but thanks :eek:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i saw those PIAA wipers at SEMA last year. they seem to work good there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts