Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of autox people run this size tire on their GC RS's and was hoping someone that is running this tire could give me some info. I am installing them on a set of Advan Rc's that I bought a few weeks ago and was interested in any issues with fitting them (wheels are 48 offset and I figure I will need to roll the fenders).

Is the right choice or should I have ordered the 205/55 16?

· Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These tires are wide :) They showed up on Tuesday and I got them mounted on the wheels yesterday.

I put them on the car and I am just getting a little rubbing in the back in some situations. Looks like if I roll the rear fender it should solve my issues. I think I am happy went with the wider tire esp. for autox.

· Registered
a fleet of Subarus
263 Posts
If u are serious about auto-x use the 225's 205 are just too skinny...:bitehard:
u need to have some sort of advantage over the civics, they are after all very very light, at least have more contact patch to gain more grip...
just roll the fenders and get a good alignment, with a bit of neg camber the rubbing will be minimal... just remember the rear HAS to rotate a bit to be fast..!
:burnout:

· Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
4,498 Posts
If u are serious about auto-x use the 225's 205 are just too skinny...:bitehard:
u need to have some sort of advantage over the civics, they are after all very very light, at least have more contact patch to gain more grip...
just roll the fenders and get a good alignment, with a bit of neg camber the rubbing will be minimal... just remember the rear HAS to rotate a bit to be fast..!
:burnout:
Yah I am on some pretty crappy 205s right now. I am only a few seconds behind those civics. With some better/wider tires...I will be in the middle of the pack!

· Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought they were 53 but I could be wrong I am kind of a Suby Nooby.

I did a little work on the fenders and they no longer rub on the normal driving stuff, today I will autox them and see what happens there.

· Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,257 Posts
I have stock RS 6-spokes with AGXs and it's very close, but workable... there are some marks on the perch, but it's not bad.

This is with Falken RT-615's though, not sure about Direzzas. Do let me know though, since I will probably be picking some up for the RS soon, I have them on the M3 and I like them. Fun fact -- we had a national champ do some data acquisition at a test and tune and the Direzza Z1 star-spec definitely had more grip than the Bridgestone RE01R ;)

· Registered
a fleet of Subarus
263 Posts
Yea, I've been debating getting these as replacements too. Stock 5 spokes. Or, I could just step up to 17"...

Choices.
I have! :D
and never looked back... use the stock six spokers for DD or on the OBS nowadays, but still thinking about getting some Z1's for them soon...:cool:

· Registered
01 2.5 RS STM Sedan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Star specs came in today (225/50/16). So far there has been no rubbing. I have pushed it too! There is much more room between the spring perch and the tires than I was expecting!
Cool, I really like these so far. I think the suspension is the new weak point for autox and I will be looking to upgrade it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.