Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thinking about switching. i want to try 18 lbs. t-wrx here i come! edit; no, the rimmer blower kit is not for sale. sorry.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hey man,

We looked at several different centrifugal blowers before we started our project. The biggest problem we found with almost all of them are the dimensions. It is kind of funny to think, but a big roots blower is a lot easier to fit in our engine bays than any of the centrifugals. Even the tiny Rotrex we are using has to be kind of shoehorned in. We actually have a Powerdyne unit that measures a little smaller than the smallest Procharger and Vortech units, and the only places it would fit had nowhere that you could begin to mount a bracket to.

If you are looking to go that high in boost, and you want a centrifugal blower, I could probably hook you up with a Rotrex unit that is the size up from the one we are using. It doesn't even have to tap engine oil for lubrication anymore.

·
RS25 Hermit
00 Impreza Wagon 93 impreza wa
44 Posts
Hello, ATI (Procharger) has the new C-1. As of yesterday they said about two more weeks before they are done testing the universal head unit.(It was initially made for the civic) It's supposed to be 7'' OD and use the same internals as the P-1. It's also self-contained. I've been bugging them since October about the release date so I can get started on the install, and their driving me crazy with the waiting part. Well, just thought I'd throw a bone at ya, gotta go, beers callin. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes, the
Powerdyne was 7 inches OD as well. Good luck to you.

I am quite happy with the 5.2 inch OD and 80% adiabatic efficiency of the Rotrex units.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think if i was shopping for a kit, i would consider the setup you are working on. it sounds like it is going to be pretty well sorted out.
however since my fmic plumbing, injectors map sensor, bypass,etc etc is already installed i thought i would try a few combo's out. the major deciding factor on which one is still money and since i can get a discount on the procharger......and that's still a big maybe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts