Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On some of the newer Subaru wagons the rear wiper can be interm or on all the time. I'm sure all wagon owner find that there really is no reason so have it running non stop. I would be happy with just interm. Is anyone aware of how to add this feature? What would need to be added?

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the interm. feature comes from the switch then? My car is an MY95 the newer style stocks don't bolt in. I guess it make sense though since you can change the stock out for front asjustable interm. wipers. I am hoping there is a circuit of some sort I can wire inline.

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
So the interm. feature comes from the switch then? My car is an MY95 the newer style stocks don't bolt in. I guess it make sense though since you can change the stock out for front asjustable interm. wipers. I am hoping there is a circuit of some sort I can wire inline.
Nope, buy a 02+ wagon stalk and you get intermittent on both the front and rear. It's been done and it works, I've done it for my JDM rear glass.

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem remains that it's still not plug in play for my year, I know the mounting is very different and I'm pretty sure so is the connector. I had one at my disposal before but it was years ago. Here is a link that has some insight into what I'm looking to do.

·
Registered
2000, OBS, RustRed
206 Posts
I have an 00 OBS and I recently swapped out the wiper stalk for the intermittent one from a bug eye wagon and the rear is def not intermittent. Did the bug eye not have that feature? What gives?

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
You need the stalk and wiring pigtail from an early legacy lsi wagon. They had the intermittent wipers and it should be plug and play for your car. I've always wanted to do this for my '96 Outback but have learned to just live with what I got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts