Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 sti
1,126 Posts
not one clue... why you want them softer?? too bouncy for daily?

·
The Dash Flocker!
00 GF, 04 Jetta TDi
3,791 Posts
Any 2.5" I.D. will work but you must select the length wisely. I run 225#/in up front and 200 out back. These springs are Hyperco's and I used 12" free length. If you use a softer spring you need to increase the length to maintain the height you have now; if you used the same free length the spring would compress more under the weight of the car, and you would lose bump travel.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to use Swift springs. THey've got the most travel and consistancy throughout the spring that I've seen. Guess I'll be using 12 inch springs then. Thanks for the help

·
The Dash Flocker!
00 GF, 04 Jetta TDi
3,791 Posts
I was going to use Swift springs. THey've got the most travel and consistancy throughout the spring that I've seen. Guess I'll be using 12 inch springs then. Thanks for the help
What spring rates are you thinking about? You may want to go with a 10" spring depending on how much clearance you want in the rear for camber adjustment. A 12" spring out back (set with zero pre-load) puts the perch right at the widest part of the tire (stock 205/16 size).

·
Registered
2004 STI, 2006 Legacy Spec-B,
373 Posts
Measure the travel on your coilovers if you can. Then with the Swift pdf file you can see the travel in the spring. Pick a length where the travel in the spring is more then the travel in the coilover. 11 inch is way too big. With swifts and those rates, 9 inchers might be okay. Measuring the travel of your coilovers will tell you for sure.

- andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts