Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking for the tail/corner lights . the reason is my tail lights and front corner lights are staying on all the time even when the car is off , I have to disconnect the fuse to make them turn off . also need to know where exactly is the relay for tail/illumination Which fuse box and which location .
zaidoun

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Check your parking light switch....

Okay I hate to say this.....hopefully this is not the case. There is a switch on top of your steering column that you flip and it will cut your parking lights on when the car is not on. I would check that switch first. You might have bumped it by accident one day, maybe when you were reseting your trip meter possibly. Check that out and let me know if it cures your problem. If it is pushed forward it is flipped on I believe.

Buster

Edit....well hopefully this is the case since it would be an easy fix :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:boxer: :boxer: :curse: :curse:
Dude I think you made my day man :sunny:
The problem only started when I got my guage cluster out and only then the problem was there then it mustbe that switch . But wait , isn't that my hazards ? I guess I can do all sort of engine/turbo shit but I'm not able to figure out this one , I must be getting stupid .
thanks man I'll check that today.
zaidoun

H

·
0 Posts
You n00b. :p :lol:

Welcome to the club.

Hazards are next to the rear window defogger and the cup holder.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
That's the first I've ever heard of that happening!

Just kidding probably the number one strange thing about Subaru's that people come across and find out the hard way. Don't feel too bad.

I'm gonna have to take a pic of that bloody switch and put that on our website.

The next question will be "why the hell is there a seperate switch for that anyway?" The answer is we can't leave our lights on they go off with the key so we don't run the battery down by mistake. I kind of like that myself. But if you are parking somewhere and it's dark and there is chance the car could be hit, you can turn the parking lights only on and be visable. The only way to do this is with the key turned on if you don't have that switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts