Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one today, have not wrenched it in yet.
The *craftsmanship* is pretty thin.
Anything has to be better than the stock "T' joint, though.
I can't find anyplace in LA that does hot jet coating, or ceramic coating, for that matter.
Anyone have any tips? TIA

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Tall J said:
Frakk has that header. He hasn't had a problem that I know of.

How 'bout it Frakk? They good?
They aight...not that much power increase...but they sure sound awesome though!..I haven't had any problems with them...

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Yeah I want to get one after Christmas..I just have the exhaust right now...dang it!!
;)

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While at Renick, DO pick up a set of the Whiteline rear subframe lock bolts. It seems like these simple $20 things wouldn't do much, but the're really effective. I noticed less understeer and better braking. (maybe because it keeps the rear subframe unloading?) I also got the Whiteline poly rack bushings. I'm putting the bushings, header, and Sti tranny mount today.
ANTICIPATION! :D

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
Bushings are good on the car especially the tranny/motor/bushing kits.

I have upgraded bushing and upgraded aluminum controll arms, with the anti lift kit. It reduced some of the oversteer and the car doesn't lift like how it used to, However it just rides really hard now, My cd's skip all the time whenever I swith lanes.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
jdmimpreza said:
Bushings are good on the car especially the tranny/motor/bushing kits.

I have upgraded bushing and upgraded aluminum controll arms, with the anti lift kit. It reduced some of the oversteer and the car doesn't lift like how it used to, However it just rides really hard now, My cd's skip all the time whenever I swith lanes.
Have you riden in my car yet? now that's fucking bouncy as hell!

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FRAKK- we ran out of time getting the STi tranny mount in tonight.
This bit is ARG's, he put his stock mount back in with the hope it would isolate the hellish noise from his dying 5 speed better...Nice try, Al.

I WIN! It's mine, ALL MINE!

Just as well, I have a shit load of parts coming from Teagues, including STi motor and pitch mount(s) so getting the tranny mount in will be a 1-2-3 punch when that damn STi container gets to Dale. (strange how a strike here effects an order I made with a vendor out of state, we all got burned, on that strike)

It's not Dales fault, damn unions.
Hope no teamsters read this.

Anyway, I did get the Borla header and poly rack bushings in, and I say forget the bushings, but get the rear subframe bolts. When I put the bolts in last night, I noticed an imediate improvement. As much as I want them to, the rack bushings really have done nothing I can detect.
(I have [way to low] 5zigen springs and AGX's)

But the BORLA! Wow, if you never noticed the funky ass firing order of the Subie engine before, you do now!
I got filled up on some 100 octane pump from 76 and I'm digging it.
It's raw and PUMPY. Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-ba-ba-da-wa-wa-weeee-ZAWWWWWWWWWW.......(zoom)
up to 6000 rpm in a flash. I love it. Hope it don't crack.

Next wrench fest will be a WL 20/22/24 rear bar and WL drop links, Sport ALK, KartB shifter and Cusco shifter bushings.

The STi bits are gonna get here some day in fucking 2005 and it pisses me off, damn unions.

I am jonzing for parts. get here NOW UPS!

SO FRAKK! WHEN WE ALL GONNA TEAR UP HWY 2?

·
Registered
117 Posts
WTF?

Yeah, and I'm real tired putting that shit in your car :biggest:

Hey, I'm going to Renick for some more Whiteline stuff on Saturday. I want to put the WRX oil pan in and that GAB rear bar.

Do ya feel up to it?

ARG

(ugh....the above was joke so don't get bent out of shape!)

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude I'm down just tell me the time and place and I'll be there for sure!

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I'll come over Saturday.
Let me know when you leave Renick, and I'll hop in the car.
You gonna get the subframe bolts? What else?

Let's hook up with FRAKK and anyone else and burn up some road on Sunday. Can you get away from the house?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep...........

Sure, I want to go early Saturday morning. Friday (tomorrow), I'll be building heat shields for my Borla headers. Oh what fun.....

I can't install the WRX oil pan untill I find my supercharger plugs. I'm removing the oil feed and return lines on my Autorotor and pluging the oiling system. I'll just put 5-50 synthetic mixed with graphite powder into the reservoir and change it every 20,000 miles (as recommended by the Whipple supercharger site). I never liked the idea of cutting a hole into the side of my oil pan anyway. It is usually amost impossible to keep it from leaking (seeping).

Hey if Frakk2.5 wants to come buy I don't mind. The more the merrier.

Later, ARG

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
ampsarus said:

Let's hook up with FRAKK and anyone else and burn up some road on Sunday. Can you get away from the house?
Dude I might not be able to do it on Sunday...well I guess it all depends at what time of the day we are talking about here...let me know...I know I'm out in the morning and part of the afternoon but maybe I can reschedule or something...

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Yep...........

ARG said:

Hey if Frakk2.5 wants to come buy I don't mind. The more the merrier.

Later, ARG
Hey ARG where do you live at? hey maybe we can got to LIfe PLaza afterwards we need the RS's there!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Life Plaza......?

Is that the place off of the 60 freeway in Puente Hills? I forget the name of the exit. It is before Azusa Ave. exit. Is this the place your talking about?

Lates, ARG

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Life Plaza......?

ARG said:
Is that the place off of the 60 freeway in Puente Hills? I forget the name of the exit. It is before Azusa Ave. exit. Is this the place your talking about?

Lates, ARG
YEP! that's it...cool place...pretty big turn out every sunday...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts