Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? Thoughts, good things, bad things? How are they for dust, noise, stopping distance, wear, increased rotor warpage? Any input will be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not worth it. I had them on my old CRX so I can't really say how they perform on the Impreza but I was unimpressed with them. Lots of dust and no noticable increase in stopping power. Get some porterfields or Hawk pads. Granted, I don't know what you'll be using them for but Porterfield and Hawk both make great pads for street and/or track use.
Good luck
Evan

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
No, but the KFP Magnum blues (which you can get a ten percent discount by mentioning the RS Club - see my post somewhere in General) stock like a MOFO, but are a little dusty.

My brain was swimming the first time I hit them, and they still work great!!! :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
I used them on an Integra before. Like the first response I wasn't impressed with them at all. I was pretty happy with a set of EBC Green pads but that was mostly because they didn't require heating up to work even when it was cold out.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yeah I had them on an Integra too, my old '94 RS coupe/hatch.
I had them on there with PowerStop cross-drilled rotors.

Better than stock? Yeah, but then again they were four or five-year-old rotors and pads by then.

I'd stick with Porterfield or the KFP discount ones here on the club.
Exeter Subaru in NH has good prices on Porterfield though, just ordered some for myself, they should be en route.

www.subaruwrxparts.com/per_gc8.html

$119 for the fronts and $79ish for the rear. Forget the price on the rear ones. Maybe less than that.

It'll say on that page.

-S2-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts