Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have Tanabe Exhaust on there RS?
Super Racing Medallion? How noisy? Do you like it?
Hyper Medallion? How noisy?

Semi kinda thinking about getting some Tanabe exhaust for my RS (Hyper... that is but curious about any kinda Tanabe exhaust on RS')

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
I have the Super Racing Medallion on my car, and I love it.

It's the most beautiful deep rumble you will ever hear, and it really isn't too terribly loud. It's just deep. But maybe that is only because I am used to it. It's a pleasent sound anyways, not an annoying buzzing exhaust sound like you hear on the civics, just a nice low rumble.

One thing about the Super Racing Medallion is that it is so noticeable from the back of the car. it isn't very big, it just kind of sticks out a little, so that is something you might want to take into consideration. I can get you a few pics of it if you want them.

But all in all, this is a wonderful exhaust and I really love it. Let me know if you want the pictures, and I can also get you a video with sound if you want it. I'm not sure how clean the sound would be though... But let me know what you decide!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Tanabe racing medalliion on my RS, It's on the louder side of RS mufflers, but nothing that can't be adjusted to. I noticed since having it, that I had a slight tapering of power between 3 and 4k rpm. I heard that this is because of a rich running condition, but otherwise have no complaints.

Oh yeah, the pipes on the racing medallion are Really Straight, you can almost see straight from the exhaust tip through to the cat flange.

·
Registered
2ooo RS coupe
36 Posts
co$t?

jason,
your car sounds good when i was following you- sort of like a v8
rumble to it. Anyway, where did you purchase it? locally i hope, shipping cost is a killer.
Cant wait for my headers, and torque chip :D

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone is selling one near me for $300 (Hyper Medallion) but there was also a deal for the WRX Racing or Hyper Medallions for $375 shipped for the catback I believe and they said they had the RS ones too so I assumed the price was the same...

Pics and/or Video Clips for sound would be great too sorry it took me so long to reply

Dunno if I have the cash to buy exhaust anymore and I'm thinking about getting some springs

:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks sub, I got the tanabe with f and r strut tower bars from d's used for $125 :biggest: As for the V8 sound, It's from the borla headers :devil:

Sweet:biggest:

·
Registered
98 gf4 turned gf8
225 Posts
that was a hella deal if you ask me:biggest:
everytime i see your car i kick myself in the ass for selling that exhaust i like the way it looks:bonk:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be buying a 01 RS soon, but the dude that's selling it has a lot of money and only uses it as a track car. So, it's got a very free flow and huge exhaust. Its too loud, really. I was looking around for replacement exhausts and the Hyper Medalion caught my attention. Do you think it could shut it up a bit by itself or should I also get a free flow cat? The car has all bolt ons and stage 2 cams.
Do you think that by changing over to this exhaust I could get a tolerable sound level?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 SCION FRS WHITEOUT
638 Posts
125 for used tanabe strut bars? i work at a aftermarket car shop and we sell brand new tanabe strut bars for cheaper than that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts