Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am learning cad modeling and would like to design a replica of the S5 97-99 WRC cars for gravel or any other spec I can find, as measurements for them are nearly impossible to come by. I know the geometry for everything except maybe the steering knuckles are different so if anyone has any dimensions for the wide body WRC cars or know anywhere I could find them that would be great. I was also interested in using designs from later models and redesigning them as improved parts for the 97-99 model. I saw on an old forum from 2007 someone re-fabricated the subframe and someone recreated the control arms so I would assume the measurements are floating around somewhere, but I was unable to find for get in touch with either of them. Even the subframe measurements and rear lateral link measurements would be enough as then I could calculate the rest of the components, but it will just take me a long time. It would be great to have this information recorded for those looking to make an actual performance suspension for wrc replicas or fabricating custom rally suspension as I would like to do when I’m done with college. I’m not aware of anyone selling refabricated s5 parts at the moment so I’d assume the measurements aren’t being kept private intentionally? I would be grateful for any help I could get for measurements as I don’t have a car myself to reference mounting points from. I would be happy to share cad models I make of parts assuming whoever gave me the measurements/scans are ok with them being shared.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There are a lot of resellers, mainly overseas, that deal with older rally car parts. My favorite place to window shop is here which would give you a good start and a broad idea of what the suspension parts look like. Maybe a friendly email to them as an interested buyer might help you get some of the part dimensions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a lot of resellers, mainly overseas, that deal with older rally car parts. My favorite place to window shop is here which would give you a good start and a broad idea of what the suspension parts look like. Maybe a friendly email to them as an interested buyer might help you get some of the part dimensions.
Thanks so much for the tip! I will send them an email and hopefully I can get some info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts