Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just noticed this defrosting my windshield a couple days ago, but after my car has been warmed up and I drive, I'll come to a stop and my RPM's will stick up around 1000 for a few seconds and the decrease to normal, and if i sit long enough they'll jump back up to about 1000 and come back down again after a few seconds. Is this supposed to happen? It doesn't seem like anything is performing in a weird way, the AC blows out cold constant (doesn't blow and stop and blow again), so if anyone knows what causes this please share, Thanks!

Rafal

·
Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
257 Posts
Mine does the same thing when it's hot out even without the A/C on. I can hear my fans on the radiator startup, the RPMs hit about 1K, then fall back to normal idle. I don't think it's anything to worry abbout.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
The compressor does nto always have to run while the AC is on. When the clutch for the compressor engages it will effect your voltage and your RPM. no big deal.

Chris

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, like I said it didn't sound/look like it was affecting anything I was just curious, but thanks again!

Rafal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts