Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
After looking at the webiste I must say that I like the price of that ecu. One thing I am not too sure about is fabbing my own crank postion sensor using the stock pulley. It seems too easy to seriously screw something up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received some more info in the mail today on the EM-3. I just relized there is no outputs for cooling fans, or an a/c compressor! But both can be done with simple relays and switches. It seems like the ECU is just a very simple fuel and timing controller. Nothing fancey. I like that! I just think it might be a little difficult tuning with the little led screen!!!
Do you think Vishnu would sell their crank trigger and wheel to somebody not buying a TEC-3??!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think the more important question would be is the crank trigger from a tec II/III compatable with the EM-3. If i remember , the tec's crank trigger is a stock pully w/ a set of small teeth around the circumference of the pully; whereas the crank trigger of teh em-3 seems to have 4(?) small magnets embedded in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts