Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just did today, and I was pretty unimpressed. I thought they packed a bit of a larger punch.

This is basically how the race finished everytime from a series of two runs:

And I saw a lot of this:

And of course, the victor:

I really pretty much just destroyed him on the launch, and it was history from then on.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
maybe it was because of the wet pavement. i also thought they had a little bit more punch too, but they are still over priced. my friend raced the new civic SI on the freeway once, and he left the civic standing still. oh, my friend has a 2002 wagon that has a flat four, turbocharged, bugeyes, and is rated at something like 227hp (that is what magazines say).

jz

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
zeorymer, what kind of mods on your car if any? 2.5rs torque=1337 0\/\/N453 :D on the "victor" picture i can just see you saying "What's the retail on one of those?" (..."more than you can afford pal, Vtec :happynow: )

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My list of mods include...

AEM short ram intake
Tanabe Racing Medallion cat-back exhaust
Cobb-tuning short throw shifter
Clear parking lenses :)
Weight-reduction: No shift boot :lol:
And unwired Hella Supertones

·
Registered
100 Posts
The RSX comes with two engines, the base engine is the one that is in the Si, rate at 160 horsepower, and 140 some odd torque(I think). I drove one at a dealership for the hell of it, it has a lot of torque for a honda, but the top end was uninspiring. They hit 60 around the same as we do with a really good driver. That is the thing, we don't have to be great drivers to get good times out of our car(no wheel slip)..not to step on anyones toes! They will make a good ST car though.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i have, and i raped him. but then i was driving the Z that day.:biggest:

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
i got tossed by my friend in a base model RSX before... :( i pulled away in every gear up to 3rd, then at 4th she slowly crept up and passed me ;*(**

(it was a rolling start)

stupid i-vtech

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
o yes, forgot to mention I also had a CEL at the time....i needed to change my oil badly.....my CAI needed cleaning.......and i was about 100 mi overdue for my 30k

so rite nOW im pretty confident i could take a RSX/or Si ;)

·
Banned
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,236 Posts
Most honda's have absolutely zero bottom end. So they make gobs of power up high in the power band, especially with v-tech. But they only get that power for 1.5-2k rpms. and by then we are 2 car lengths ahead and they don't stand a chance to catch up.

from a roll my RS is matched to my buddy's SE-V6 S12 (RWD) which is rated at 160/180'ish from 60-90, then he creeps ahead. from 0-whatever, I'm ahead and stay ahead.

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
one tried to run me on the 101 freeway last week actually. not sure if 2002 but it was that gen. he had rims, exhaust, etc..
we were doing about 65-70 and he took off, well it sounded like he did anyway. It was hilarious. I don't run people on the highway, especially not the 101, but anyway. That thing was screaming so damn loud and he never really pulled away, and I never even stepped on the gas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts