Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in South Carolina the weekend of the 11th and 12th of january...

I'm supposed to be co-driving in a GTI...

sjd

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
I just talked to the rallymaster about this event. I had forgotten I met him a few weeks ago in Blowing Rock. He had been down in the globe doing some practice. :biggest: Anyhoo, here is a link to thier website: http://usrally.com/sediv/sandblast/

They could use workers if anyone is interested, just contact the rallymaster. :) I may try to come down a watch some in the morning before I have to go to the banquet.

BTW: Mr. Sherill (the rallymaster) has informed me that he may have found some land for a rallycross here in the southeast! :D Look for more info soon! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool. Look for the black MY98 with michigan plates...

I know...I live in GA....gotta get them changed.

sjd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oops! I posted to a few others, but I hadn't seen this tread yet. So anyway, I'll be there, stage captain for SS1 and SS3 and backup for SS6 and SS8. Mine's silver with fog covers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am really bad with remembering people's names and faces so if you see me just come up and introduce yourself (again if we've met).

Look for the squeaky dark blue outback with cracked mudflaps, tinted windows, small hellas on the bumper, and a stromung. I should have my camcorder with me, and I'm going to try and drag my girlfriend along too.

I probably won't make it to the morning stages, but should be at the 2nd spectator area by 2pm assuming I can find it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I didn't make dinner with you guys...After I went down to the post rally party, I found an error (typo) on the scoring sheet. I protested, and won. I managed to save us an extra 10 minutes in road time.

Thanks everyone for coming...it was great fun.

sjd

·
Registered
308 Posts
Steve,

Great to meet you! It's ok about dinner, I understand. Good luck on the next rally! I'm glad you found an error that saved you some time; I remember at one point you were saying that you were a few minutes down....but that was in giving up a few hundred horsepower to some of those guys. Too bad about those last two stages; it was chaos down in Spectator #2 when the first few cars came through....nobody knew anything about what was going on.

Remarcable; unfortunately we never saw you there. Guess we'll have to meet up at the next one...you coming to Cherokee Trails? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I couldn't find any i-clubbers no matter where I went!

I racked up 100 miles on the odometer just trying to get to spectator areas and stage starts! Nobody knew what the hell was going on anywhere!

I finally managed to find stage 5 start, and got deputized as a spectator marshall to keep the rabid irish fans from parking too close to the stage.

So I sat there for THREE HOURS on that stupid turn waiting for it to start. By the time that was over it was getting dark and rainy and both my girlfriend and I were pissed that we missed so much of the rally and I was pissed that I didn't get to meet up with anybody.

I did get some good video though, see my post in the i-club's southeast forum for the links.

I'll only come to cherokee trails if I can be assured of meeting up with some more rally-knowledgable spectating i-clubbers who can tell me where to go so I'm not driving around in the woods for 2 hours following incorrect directions on an out of date map.

Otherwise I think I'll stay home and watch it on speedvision a few months later.

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts