Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it. :) Bye-bye bugeyes!!!

I know I can be disemboweled for talking about "that other car" here, but...heh... I really think Subaru did a nice job with it. The STi interior, in particular. 3-spoke wheel.... jeez, FINALLY!

Anyway, didn't see any other threads on it in here, maybe there were and they were moved, dunno. Apologies if I'm being a weenie. :)

(Well, that's a given, but you get my point.)

-Chris

·
Premium Member
2001, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 RS,
45 Posts
What new impreza are you talking about?

Where did you see it, I can't seem to find anything on it at all?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
still haven't seen the redesign pics yet! maybe i'm just not excited in seeing the redesign pics.

jz

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I think the headlamps look Honda RS-X ish now. It is an improvement though I suppose. Maybe it's just me. Personally I still prefer this look:

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Daaaaamn Peaty is that your car? Very nice P7's and I like the foglamp covers overall it gives the car a very clean and sleek appearance.

·
Premium Member
2001, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 RS,
45 Posts
I don't think that is the new sti though. I like that scoop much better than the one on the sti.

·
Registered
597 Posts
finally Subaru agrees that looks are very important!

the only thing the gc8 has over the gda now is the coupe body and a sunroof.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Personally, I really like the new look. It's not a huge departure from the GC8 look like the bug-eye headlamps where. With this new style and the way the foglight housing was redesigned, I think it really looks like the next evolutionary step in the Impreza line. Similar, but different, to our cars. Hmm, now I'm actually going to have to make a choice when my lease is up in two years!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Y'know...looking at that picture above. If you squint, kind of, the grille and headlights and front end kinda look like an R34.

And that would be good!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i really like it. its a huge improvement over the current front end. sure, the v6 RA is one of my favorite cars ever, but this is what the redesign should have been originally.

I really think Subaru did a nice job with it.
actually, i believe it was prodrive that designed the new panels.

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I personally do think it's a big improvement. Yes the headlights are SORT of RSX-ish, but not really. Then again, the RSX lights I think are a ripoff of the BMW 3-series, so you can say the Impreza now looks like whichever car you choose...

The STi scoop is now very large indeed, but hell, the car's supposed to be all chiseled, homely and tough-lookin' anyway, so Subaru's just sticking true to form, is all. :D

I agree that the GC was a sexy car, and I still love mine, but it IS old-looking. Subaru changed for a reason. I also agree that a coupe option would be cool, however not having a sunroof I don't think is a black mark at all. Just takes away from rigidity, anyhow.

-Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eww, didn't notice before that on that STi pic above, the bumper itself juts out FURTHER than the underbody spoiler effects. Seems backwards to me, very odd....

Hmm...

Thanks for that Eta Tauri link, good stuff. Like the new gunmetal WRX wheels, hate the wheels on the N/A car (wagon). FUGLY!

-Chris

1 - 20 of 69 Posts