Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
n/a
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the iPD rsb, endlinks and mounts on my car atm...At first it seemed like a very sturdy setup, very thick metal plating, thick bars etc. Apparently there's a weak point in the setup though. Inside the endlinks there's a type of hard plastic where the bolt goes through and connects to the sway bar itself. I completely blew this plastic part out on my driver side rear endlink, lost the bolt and everything. I need a new pair of endlinks that I can fit into this setup, that's preferably made of a pure metal material, and won't blow out on me in hard turns.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
I use the Whiteline HD endlinks front and rear with upgraded swaybars. I've had them on for a few years now with no problems. They use a poly bushing so it's a lot more compliant than a spherical bushing, but really improves response. The kit comes with all the hardware necessary for the install. If you can shell out the $95 or so, it's well worth it.

Subaruwrxparts.com usually has these in stock for a very competetive price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The bushings are plastic on every endlink I can think of. Solid metal would probably be very, very noisy.

Sounds like you just got a poorly manufactured set. See if you can return it. If not, I've never heard of any problems with the Kartboy or Whiteline ones.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Perrin uses a spherical (metal) bushing... there are other companies who use this design as well. The poly bushings are great for a daily driver, spherical would be a bit overkill.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I just got some WRX stockers in the mail from Aegean for $20. They're freakin stiff! I'm a fairly strong guy and I can't even budge these things... at all. :)

·
Registered
n/a
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a question regarding this, rallitek endlinks don't look so durable, they look like thick washers that are welded on to a small metal bar. tell me what you guys think.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-49187380673845_2005_12476335

Those endlinks are identical to the ones that blew out on my car, so I wouldn't recommend them based on my experience. The setup on that kit is almost identical to the iPD kit, I guess one is an imitation of the other. Anyways thanks for the suggestions, it's either going to be the whitelines or kartboy pieces.

·
Registered
2000 WRX STi VI Type-RA Ltd
181 Posts
and wtf would people be against the Perrins.....FTW i say
Their older versions didn't come with the extra bushings that they have now, so they clunked and broke a lot. I don't have any experience with either the old or the new ones, but reviews of the newer ones seem much more positive.

I've seen pictures of both the Kartboys and Whiteline HDs where the poly bushing has pushed out, but it is remarkably rare. My friend that bought the Poltecs was effusive in his praise of them, but he was going from stockers, so it's not like he can provide a comparison of them with poly bushed types.

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS Coupe AW
315 Posts
and wtf would people be against the Perrins.....FTW i say
I'm currently using Perrins endlinks on my daily driver without any complaints. They seem to be pretty solid and well made. Mine have spherical bearings plus poly bushings on either side, and they don't make any noise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts