Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Would you like email notifications when a new THREAD is added in the marketplace?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Edit - I guess this poll is useless now, as you can subscrive to this forum on a subscription basis - RS25.com]

Okay, since I know you all are like me and hate to see the thing you've been trying to buy for months slip between your fingers because someone else was checking the classifieds every ten minutes, I thought of something.

Would you be interested in getting an email notification when a new thread is posted in the classifieds section? Take the poll, and if there is enough interest, I will code something up. :)

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
I like that idea, also how hard would it be to have some way to de-list an item when it sells or after a period of time like 15 days? I hate looking through a bunch of stuff I've already seen tofind new stuff... just a suggestion. Thanks, great board man.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
De-listing would be more difficult, since I would have to code the bulletin board to do that. However... if you de-list something you also remove the questions people ask - things like "What's the offset" and that info can often be handy to have around.

You might consider just changing the "View posts within last xx days" to something like 15 in this area.

I'm going to see what I can do to whip up the notification system - seems like 9 out of 10 people like the idea. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Instead of deleting threads, I think it would be better (and easier) if the thread icon could be changed to a "SOLD" icon without getting bumped to the top.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I *think* if you edit your original post you can do that. However, I'll look into something programatic that does the same... :)

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
i voted yes. It would be nice to be able to filter key words.. like "ej257"or "intake" and get notified for just that! So you dont get EVERY fs post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts