Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking to someone at a very well known brake manufacturer at the moment trying to convince them that the brake kit which they had designed for the WRX would work extremely well for the older Imprezas and that there would be interest in these kits.

The person with the company told me that they tested a kit which utilized a 12.5 inch rotor and an very high end two piston caliper, but they were not satisfied with the decrease in 60-0 distances that it provided on the WRX. Note that it did decrease the stopping distance, just not as much as they had hoped. I am trying to convince him that this kit would probably have fabulous results on a car that weighs 300 lbs less, and has smaller stock front rotors.

If anyone here would like to see this kit on an RS please post it here and I will try to get my contact to look at this thread.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
price?

are the specific size pads pretty easy to find in the market?

jz

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand, the price should be under 1k. I don't know about pads, but I haven't heard back from him yet, so I don't know if they have the interest or not.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmmm, Kent, could this possibly be the BAER kit? I was very much looking forward to that kit. Too bad they scrapped it. Yes, this kit should work very well on the RS. Too bad I already ordered some other (Godspeed UK) brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts