Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket fuel rail kits that will definitely fit the 2.5 RS intake with stock injectors? I've looked at the Vishnu, Perrin, and MRT, but have heard that they leak due to poor fitting.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
jtibbitt said:
Are there any aftermarket fuel rail kits that will definitely fit the 2.5 RS intake with stock injectors? I've looked at the Vishnu, Perrin, and MRT, but have heard that they leak due to poor fitting.
What do you need fuel rails for? You really need a hearty setup to need fuel rails...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the kind of modifications that call for aftermarket fuel rails at this time. I tried the parallel fuel rail mod and my setup was leaking. I cut the rail instead of getting FPR adapter and it was hell trying to seal it. The rubber fuel hose just wasn't getting a good seal without a barbed metal fitting like at the other joints. I ended up finding a brass sleeve at Taylors Do It Yourself Center that nicely fit around the fuel rail pipe. With that and another threaded bass pipe from Home Depot (same diameter as fuel rail) cut off at one and some JB Weld, I created a very nice seal. I caked the outside of the two adjoining pipes and the part where they meet also covering the joint with the brass sleeve. It works nicely. Don't need new rails anymore, but am still wonderingif there is anything out there for my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts