Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car it had stock 93L bumper lights etc. since then I have put the rs style lights and a v1 front bumper because the original bumper was cracked and so was one of the lenses. So after I replaced this stuff the passenger side lights, bumper, fender, fits perfectly but not the left. There was always a problem with the left side but now its more obvious. The driver side parking light/corner lens whatever it is doesn't stay in the fender and its only held on by the one screw. The fender doesn't line up with the contour of the bumper, the bumper extends out further than the fender.. Not sure if any of this makes sense..

The only thing I know is the guy who had it before replaced the fender and door after an accident. I have had the fender off and the doesn't look like theres any structural damage.

So I know its probably impossible to tell without a picture but anyone have any ideas? Ill try to get a picture and post it sometime here soon. Any chance the reason is he replaced it with a gf fender to make a long story shorT?

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
There are some very slight differences between different model years and USDM & JDM fenders. I'm not exactly sure what they are since I haven't had a change to compare them side by side.

I had some problems fitting my STi 6 front bumper when I got rid of my L bumper. In fact, I had the exact same problems that you described. Passenger's side fits perfectly, driver's side has about a 1/4" gap between the bumper and the fender if you're looking down on it. Mine was also in an accident, but the frame was straightened.

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
When I first tried to install the new bumper, the bolt hole on the bumper wouldn't line up with the hole on the fender at all..

But eventually I ended up drilling a new hole in the fender, and got it bolted up. There's still a 1/4" gap if you look at it from above, but that's also partly because of my fender is dented in that area..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.