Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this thread: http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138079

This guy is complaining about WRX brakes, and how they don't stop him fast enough while racing on the street. Later he admits that ABS kicked in....

Well, duh, maybe you should replace your crappy RE92's before complaining about brakes....especially since they did their job well enough for the ABS to kick in.

:rolleyes: X 3

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seems like a typical WRXer. Give it a month for the I wrapped my WRX around a tree post from the same guy. Oh and then he'll want to sue Bridgestone.

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
i can't believe these idiots, do they NOT know ANYTHING?? i mean WTF?? my car doesn't stop well from 90, hey dip shit did you happen to try and downshift as well?? i know my car stops pretty damn well from 90 just once and only once. This car will be around a pole or in an office building when he swerves to aviod a pedestrian at 90.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I also noticed they didn't get into why the car takes longer to stop from 90 then from 60. That's a lot of momentum those poor little brakes are trying to stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I traded a '00 Celica GTS for my '02 2.5RS. One of the things that was truly exceptional on the Celica were it's brakes. You could stop so hard you'd think your fillings were going to fly out!

Today I had the ABS kick in on the RS for the first time. That was a pretty scary experience. I was approaching a light at about 45 (the speed limit) when it changed to yellow. Just as I hit the brakes I hit a fairly large bump in the road. Very much like a small speed bump. Apparently when the tires came off the ground from the bump they locked up which caused the ABS to kick in. I suddenly felt the back of the car drifting to the right. When the ABS was activated I was hardly slowing down at all. The only thing I could think to do was to release the brakes a bit to get the ABS to quit and then clamped them back down but not hard enough to get the ABS going again. I didn't like that experience. :eek:

While I was sitting at the light I thought it would be nice if there was some type of emergency ABS deactivation switch on the steering wheel or something. I don't have much experience with ABS but in this case I think it was a hindrance to my ability to stop quickly.

Then again, maybe I'd have been best off just letting the ABS do its thing. What do you all think?

Rick
'01 OBS Silver
'02 2.5RS Silver

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
JayhawkRS said:
I traded a '00 Celica GTS for my '02 2.5RS. One of the things that was truly exceptional on the Celica were it's brakes. You could stop so hard you'd think your fillings were going to fly out!

Today I had the ABS kick in on the RS for the first time. That was a pretty scary experience. I was approaching a light at about 45 (the speed limit) when it changed to yellow. Just as I hit the brakes I hit a fairly large bump in the road. Very much like a small speed bump. Apparently when the tires came off the ground from the bump they locked up which caused the ABS to kick in. I suddenly felt the back of the car drifting to the When the ABS was activated I was hardly slowing down at all. The only thing I could think to do was to release the brakes a bit to get the ABS to quit and then clamped them back down but not hard enough to get the ABS going again. I didn't like that experience. :eek:

While I was sitting at the light I thought it would be nice if there was some type of emergency ABS deactivation switch on the steering wheel or something. I don't have much experience with ABS but in this case I think it was a hindrance to my ability to stop quickly.

Then again, maybe I'd have been best off just letting the ABS do its thing. What do you all think?

Rick
'01 OBS Silver
'02 2.5RS Silver
WEll to be totally honest on RE92's your stopping power is junk unless you have them rather pumped up. Get a good set of tires, i have only had my ABS kick twice in my use of the car w/o the RE92's and the truth is the abs WILL stop the car faster then w/o it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes when ABS kicks in it's a bit scary at first, as it feels like your not stopping. But it's doing it's best, and you'd be sliding otherwise.

It's only kicked in (mildly) once since I put my Hakka-1's on this winter, and it WILL help you for slow speed stops when your tires lose traction.

·
Registered
88 Posts
AZ-GT said:
Seems like a typical WRXer. Give it a month for the I wrapped my WRX around a tree post from the same guy. Oh and then he'll want to sue Bridgestone.

I know all of us WRX owners are morons. :rolleyes:

How bout you tear him apart for being an idiot period. With or without the WRX he is still an idiot. Its not the WRX that made him an idiot.

Damn always tearin apart my car and meanwhile all I give is props and praise to all the other subaru owners.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My WRX relied on 2 pots with a slither of pad material and warping discs when I got mine :lol: :D

I upgraded to 4 pots and group N discs and pads as well as braided hoses. Stops a treat now :D

My say is quite whinging, hand in pocket, upgrade them damn brakes :D That's what I did :D

Oh and over 90? is that like 90mph? If so then I wouldn't be complaining too much about that as you really shouldn't be going that fast - not that i ever do you understand ;) ;)

Cheers,

Michelle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What does deleting my posts have anything to do with it. You never deleted my posts for me talking smack about an RS or a legacy now did you.

I will talk junk about certain people but thats cause they are morons....not there cars.

BTW.....did you delete something of mine? I have no idea?

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
:lol: Yeah, I deleted some of your smack talking posts... But I like about 99.9% of your other posts, so no worries! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts