Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be worth my time to instead of swapping a WRX engine into my car, put forged internals in my existing RS and an STi head and turbo it? Is an STi head even compatable with an RS block? the idea just popped into my head so I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,609 Posts
That is what Skully has done on here. You should search for his thread.
That's what I'm currently doing -the sti heads.
And yes, it's cheaper by quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
generaly both would be better lol... but heads make the power you want..and you can "beef" up your block for cheeper

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh how so? I already have a WRX engine sitting in my garage, BUT its never too late to change your mind, unless you start cutting wires then your pretty screwed haha

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,609 Posts
Put in STi internals (crankshaft,pistons,rods,race bearings) and call it a day. I'm currently doing it to my motor (same as yours). The cost is so much cheaper than buying a new STi shortblock!

·
Registered
99RS Coupe
116 Posts
Sti crank is identical to the stock RS one, plus the crank isn't the weak link to begin with. Also remember the open deck block is a limiting factor in a very high horsepower build.

Put in STi internals (crankshaft,pistons,rods,race bearings) and call it a day. I'm currently doing it to my motor (same as yours). The cost is so much cheaper than buying a new STi shortblock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.